Hacking Softmodding Troubles!!!!Please Help GBA Community

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me start off i modded my wii follow a walkthrough a few months ago worked Perfect with the twlight hack.I downgraded it to 3.2 U Running Rev 14 with nerogamma..ok now i have two of my friends wii's sitting infront of me i am stumped on and need answers...

First one version 3.4 U..Installed the hackmii installer Worked Fine got the Homebrew Channel to work..when i try to run Nero gamma it says "I am not using the cIOS249 if you know what you are doing ok @ all other Install a cIOS"..Ok i try to run the CIOS249 rev 14 installer i keep getting an error 2011 "I think"?...but it wont let me install it..Am i missing a step here first?..i just want to be able to install CIOS 249 to play Back up's with nerogamma on REV 14 Please help?

Now the other wii is updated to version 4.2 I installed this using bannerbomb.ok worked fine got the homebrew channel installed...Now when i try to run wad manager,CIOS installer ect. any other Applications besides for the nintendo emulator it's like the wii freezes and the controller stops responding?Can someone please help me with any suggestions on what steps i am missing or what programs i am missing or what i should be doing?...

the version 3.4 is my main concern i need to know what step i am missing here? to install the CIOS249..

thanks guys..By the way i have Read alot of posts on here and did alot of research i have learned alot and you guys are some smart guys Keep up the work here..Im a daily viewer!!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the 3.4 one needs trucha bug restored.

On the 4.2 one did you delete the stub ios files for 222,223,249,250?

What i would recommend doing is updating the 3.4 one to 4.2 and start fresh with hacking it.

Use xzxero guide from the top of the board for everything you need.

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
the 3.4 one needs trucha bug restored.

On the 4.2 one did you delete the stub ios files for 222,223,249,250?

What i would recommend doing is updating the 3.4 one to 4.2 and start fresh with hacking it.

Use xzxero guide from the top of the board for everything you need.

For the 4.2 How would i delete the Stub IOS files?

Also the 3.4 Already has the homebrew i dont really wanna start fresh and updating. and such but how Do i work trucha bug restored?What does it do?How do i use it?Do i have to do that before i can run CIOS249 installer?

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 for both and start at the TBR steps of the modify 4.2 section and you can miss out the stubb deletion on the 3.4 console but would recommend updating to 4.x for pre/priiloader and all the hacks it brings

not worried about updating the 3.4 on my personal one i have 3.2 and love it works 100% fine im guessing 3.4 isnt much different it will only be used to play backup's dont need preloader or none of that on it im still confused on the steps for the 3.4?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god.

Okay, there is no need to stick to anything less than 4.1 these days. All firmware is 100% hackable now, and all are just as easy. Why would you want to upgrade to 4.0 or higher? Because you gain access to the SD card on your Wii System Menu and can transfer Channels over to it. That means you can run your WiiWare and whatnot straight from your SD card, which saves precious memory on your Wii. Please, there is no need to stick to anything less than 4.1. As for 4.2, all it did was add anti-hacking bits, so there is no need for it, but it's not dangerous or scary.

The fastest way to hack these days after you get the HomeBrew Channel installed is to use dop-IOS MOD. It lets you restore the Trucha bug (needed to install a cIOS such as 249, 250, 222, or 223), and deletes the stub IOS files for you. There is no more need for Trucha Bug Restorer or WAD Manager 1.5 in order to hack your Wii (although they are useful tools).

SHORT ANSWER:
Use dop-IOS MOD on both Wii systems to restore the Trucha bug and delete any stub IOS files quickly and easily
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?oketj0bythz
Thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=194663
Site: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS_MOD
Code: http://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
click the link in previous post and scroll down to modify 4.2 section and open and then follow the TBR steps as written in the guide

Im confused To run TBR or not..Or try the dop-IOS MOD Method?i have both on my Card..?i just watched a youtube video of the process for TBR and any title deleter Seem easy..

I just want the FASTEST method to play my back up's with that is all...Also..if i update this wi that is 3.4 of my friends that is here..Will it automaticly update to 4.2?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
run TBR and follow the steps in the guide for TBR and when you've done the steps for TBR install your cIOS and then whatever backup launcher you want to use and that's it

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
run TBR and follow the steps in the guide for TBR and when you've done the steps for TBR install your cIOS and then whatever backup launcher you want to use and that's it

ok few more questions #1 the video i just seen on youtube he uses TBR after then he followed doing something with AnyTitleDeleterMOD is that process needed?Also will this TBR problem work with both my 4.2 wii and my 3.4 wii? Same principal?after TBR just run the CIOS installer?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:

That is the slower, older method, and you left out the part where he still has to delete his stub IOS files.

dop-IOS MOD v9gp does everything in one app, and deleting the stub IOS files is ONE BUTTON.

You load up dop-IOS MOD. You tell it to install a fakesigning IOS. You press A a few times. You set dop-IOS MOD to use IOS36, you press A once to delete all the stub IOS files. Done.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
he's talking about a 3.4 console there are no stubb 222, 223, 249 or 250

wasn't sure if the new dop-ios mod worked diong the TBR steps as I haven't used it for that

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
longtom1 said:

That is the slower, older method, and you left out the part where he still has to delete his stub IOS files.

dop-IOS MOD v9gp does everything in one app, and deleting the stub IOS files is ONE BUTTON.

Ok so your saying for both 3.4 and 4.2 to run my CIOS installer just run dop-IOS MOD?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hrdkrtazz said:
antiaverage said:
longtom1 said:

Ok so your saying for both 3.4 and 4.2 to run my CIOS installer just run dop-IOS MOD?

Yes. It works for both. It's all you need prior to running the cIOS installer.

BTW, the cIOS r14 is outdated as well, but is still necessary for some old stuff out there. All the modern USB Loaders, such as USB Loader GX, run off the newer and more feature rich IOS222 v4.

hrdkrtazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
hrdkrtazz said:
antiaverage said:
longtom1 said:

Yes. It works for both. It's all you need prior to running the cIOS installer.

BTW, the cIOS r14 is outdated as well, but is still necessary for some old stuff out there. All the modern USB Loaders, such as USB Loader GX, run off the newer and more feature rich IOS222 v4.

i like to stick with my CIOS 249 rev 14 and 15 they are what im comfortable with
smile.gif
...but thanks for the tips...i guess i try this..So when i load dop-IOS MOD..Will everything be pretty much self explanitory?just keep hitting the A button?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hrdkrtazz said:
i like to stick with my CIOS 249 rev 14 and 15 they are what im comfortable with
smile.gif
...but thanks for the tips...i guess i try this..So when i load dop-IOS MOD..Will everything be pretty much self explanitory?just keep hitting the A button?

It is, of course, your call. However, be advised that r15 is not created by Waninkoko, it is a hack of a hack. So, it's not really r15, but more like r1 of a hacked copy of r14, as r14 and below were by Waninkoko (who abandoned the Wii scene). Not that Waninkoko is particularly special or anything, but that cIOS222 v4 is more trustworthy, stable, and feature rich than r15.

Anyway, here is a step-by-step for dop-IOS MOD v9gp just to make things easy:[*]Run dop-IOS MOD from the HomeBrew Channel.[*]Press A to continue[*]Select "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning" and press A[*]Press A on to get IOS15 revision 523[*]Press A on to get IOS15 revision 257[*]Press A on to get IOS36 revision 3351[*]Press A on to get IOS15 revision 523[*]Press A to continue[*]Go up and select IOS36 and press A[*]Press A to continue[*]Press A to continue to delete the stub IOS files[*]Press HOME to exit

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since when was Rev15 not created by waninkoko?

It was compiled by someone else before waninkoko had the chance to do it.That person then uploaded it and everyone called it fake.Waninkoko even commented that it was the real Rev15 and wasn't a fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.