softmodded xbox booted back to ms dash, how do i switch back?

Sean Barry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got an old original xbox which was running xbmc. I must have turned it on with the CD tray open and it has reverted back to the Microsoft dashboard. How do I switch back to xbmc? I know it is softmodded because the labels underneath are intact so it hasn't been opened. I don't know however which softmod was used. Anybody know any key presses or boot methods to switch back to xbmc? Thanks!

Sean Barry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like the xbox is dying, video just failed. I'll need to open it up and re-glue the chips.
We'll just have to see will it come back from the dead.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll let this one die just yet. The thermal paste on chips breaks down over a few years. Some new paste should put a bit of life back in this old dog, and if not I'll bury it in the garden :-)

In some stories he is in charge of death, you can be prevented from dying if he so chooses.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Sean Barry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a last measure though, try holding the power button while booting up the Xbox. You never know if the console has a modchip instead of a softmod.

Tried holding power, but it looks like a softmod. I do see SID installer on HD. Will get a game which will help me reboot softmod, splinter cell looks like best option.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Sean Barry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a last measure though, try holding the power button while booting up the Xbox. You never know if the console has a modchip instead of a softmod.

Tried booting with power button pressed but didn't work. I took a look inside and no hardware modchip, in HD files there is a mechwarrior and SID save so definitely softmodded. Will get mechwarrior or splintercell/007/etc to try rerunning the SID file. We'll give it a try this weekend.

Nathan-91

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this Post is Old but it may be Because your Time and Date need to be Set Correctly. Do this and Reboot the System and Voila! Should be Sorted :-)

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Nathan-91

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No that would have caused a boot loop. Luckily all semi-current dashes don't use the xbox's clock anymore.

Cool, Just a Thought was all :-) Hope it was Sorted for the Guy though its a nightmare when you can't figure something out even when competant in what you are doing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things