Hacking Softmodded Wii, Installed CD, Copy Settings?

Gisa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

Hoping for some advice. Here goes...

A long long time ago (in a galaxy far away) I got my Wii as a Xmas present from my wife while living in South Korea. Bought Mariokart there, played lots, had a blast. A few years later, I soft modded it successfully and installed USB GLX loader.

Fast forward to now. It seems my CD drive on the Wii has died. Unfortunately, I did not make a backup at the time.

I know I could use USB loader to start a different version of Mariokart put onto a USB, but I don't want to lose my settings (the tracks/characters) I unlocked. Is there a way to copy over the settings from when I installed the CD to the USB drive?

I looked into trying to rip the original Mariokart CD (which still seems fine) on my computer, but I don't have a DVD drive that works with Rawdump.

Am I SOL or is there another way to solve this problem that I am not seeing?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Mr. Gisa

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean settings? like your save data? wii save data is stored on the wii, not the cds. console cds are read only.

Gisa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I meant my save data. I think I might have solved the issue though. More below.

The biggest reason I had softmodded (way back when) was because a friend had picked up Super Mario Bros but it was a US version and wouldn't work on the Korean Wii I had. I just tested out the US .wbps version on a USB and all my data seems to be there, as if I were using the CD. I think if I can find a Korean mariokart .iso, it should work. The harder part will be finding it but worth a try.

Thanks for your reply. I'll post my results, either way.

Mr. Gisa

Gisa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SUCCESS! ^^ After hours of searching/trolling the web trying to find a Korean version, I was finally successful in finding one. Downloaded, extracted, converted to .wbfs, transferred over, and then I started everything up and PRESTO: just like I had put in the CD!

For those in my situation, you MUST find the .iso/.wbfs version that matches the CD you had installed in order to keep your settings.

Hope this helps anyone with this frustrating problem.

Mr. Gisa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny