softmod with wiikey question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zi70410, Dec 28, 2008.

Dec 28, 2008

softmod with wiikey question by zi70410 at 6:21 AM (647 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. zi70410
    OP

Member zi70410 GBAtemp Regular

hello, my wii stopped reading most discs(some back up works still like mario kart, but others dont anymore like okami and ssmb) a while ago, and i pretty much given up on repairing, because i have no way of checking if my solders came lose, so i was wondering if i can soft mod and my game start working again? or is my laser damaged? it makes noises when trying to read games at times please help and thank you

2. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If it plays any backups, then it means the modchip is working. I'd say it sounds like your burns were maybe a little poor quality to begin with, and now with the scratches, won't play anymore. Try reburning, and then running pi/po checking on the burns to see how good they are. Or even just check your existing discs to see what health they're in.

Do some searching on that one. Wii's are definitely a bit sensitive compared to a computer in terms of reading. nero has a tool that can check pi/po. So can dvdinfopro, etc. Also, not all dvd drives support pi/po testing, so you'll definitely have to do some searching on the net about it if you've never heard of it before.

Good luck

3. zi70410
    OP

Member zi70410 GBAtemp Regular

thank you for your advice