Hacking Softmod 4.2U update to 4.3

Yutsud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please tell me what is the absolutely safest way to permanently un-hack my wii and update it 4.3?
My wii was softmodded by a friend who I am unable to contact now.
Is it safe to simply update it?
Or should I un hack it then update it?
I do not want any form of hack on my wii.

So if someone could explain what I should do in perfect detail, that would be great!
thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) why unhack your wii? Its very easy to re-hack even for you! See my signature 4 info
biggrin.gif

2) as long as your wii was not originally Korean, then region changed to anything else (ie. USA), then it is safe to update via nintendo. At least its as safe as performing an update on a virgin wii... but bootmii as Boot2 is the ultimate brick protection, its safer than anything nintendo has to offer IMHO.

edit:
3) if you update via nintendo to 4.3, u will need a game to rehack your wii (bannerbomb no longer works on 4.3).... the only exception is if u happen to have a pre-existing forwarder channel that did not get removed when u updated to 4.3

4) if u have the homebrew channel (HBC) v1.0.7 installed, u will need to run the hackmii installer, either before or after the 4.3 update, and use it to uninstall the HBC

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are not enough good reasons to update to 4.3

Stay on 4.2. If you need the updated shopping channel, then just install it using DOP-Shop, or whatever its called. Google it.

Much easier and safer to stay at 4.2.

Maybe XFlaks NUSAD has the new Shopping Channel, Dunno.

Edit: Spelling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended