Softmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fvnfish, Apr 30, 2009.

Apr 30, 2009

Softmii by fvnfish at 8:10 AM (750 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fvnfish
    OP

Member fvnfish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright so I have softmii installed and really don't know if i want it i want to go to bootmii when it comes out although idk if it is a good idea to get rid of softmii i dont want to fuck my wii up so and but i have a theme and i don't really want it anymore and want my original sys menu back please help thanks [​IMG]

2. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I suggest you just leave it alone, a lot of people brick when they try to remove stuff without knowing what they're doing.
    It shouldn't cause any conflicts with BootMii when it is released.

If you want your system menu to look normal again, just install the original .app file with SoftMii tweaks (I hope you backed it up)

But if you really want to get rid of SoftMii (Preloader, cioscorp, cios rev 11, HBC), then you can do this:

WARNING! DO NOT DOWNGRADE IF YOU HAVE A LU64 WII

-Run IOS Downgrader (That should get rid of most of cioscorp)

-Run Custom IOS Downgrader and choose System Menu 3.2 (Make sure you choose the right region. That will get rid of preloader)

-Use AnyTitle Deleter and delete IOS249 and IOS250 (That is cIOS rev 11)

-Use NANDClean to remove preloader settings, hacks, installed dol, and system menu app (That will get rid of the rest of preloader)

-Delete Homebrew Channel from Data Management if you want to (This will be needed to install BootMii, so you probably don't want to)

Now you should have a virgin Wii with System menu 3.2.
    If you want, you can update to 4.0 through Nintendo.
    But if you do, make sure you have Homebrew Channel installed BEFORE updating (You won't be able to install it after)

3. goku1980

Member goku1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    u can use softmii tweaks and reinstall the orignal one just look in the theams there and u uill find ome

4. fvnfish
    OP

Member fvnfish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright thanks for the help