SoftMii Not Loading Backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mikewill57, Jun 26, 2009.

Jun 26, 2009
  1. mikewill57
    OP

Newcomer mikewill57 Member

United States
    I'm sure this is here but, I couldn't find an answer that I could really understand. I'm on a 3.2U NTSC Wii w/Softmii 2.1.1 installed. I followed the guide on the softmii forum and the process went swimmingly. Then, I put in my Pro Evo '09 PAL Backup, see it in disk channel, go to load, and it freezes at a black screen w/Wiimote turned off. I was reading that I need rev13b or somet like that, so I put that on my SD card. Then I went into Homebrew, where it said I should update, only it wouldn't let me giving me this message:
    That obviously doesn't help. So, how can I install that rev13b, and is that even necessary? HBC is still working, just not sure if I HAVE to update to be able to install that. If I don't need to update, I'm not gutted. I can deal with that message asking me to. If I do have to update HBC, what do I need to do to get that done? Thanks in advance for any/all/no help!

2. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I always urge new people to read through the forums, instead of jumping right in and trying to get it all done.

Rev13b refers to the cIOS(custom IOS) that enables your backups to load. It was made by Waninkoko and can be found here: http://wii.waninkoko.info

3. mikewill57
    OP

United States
    I get what it is. I don't get if that's what I need to install to fix the particular problem I'm having. I don't want to start adding more and more things without needing them. And, his blog is in spanish and google translator can only do so much...

4. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's worth a shot.

You can download the cIOS Installer from GBATemp, just look around.

5. mikewill57
    OP

United States
    It may have come with the SoftMii package, am at work so I can't check on that right now. If not, I get that cIOS installer and that'll go in the root, apps, or wad folder? Same with the rev13b, that needs to be on the root of SD, right?

6. sirakain

Newcomer sirakain Advanced Member

France
    Ha for the error in bootmii, it's because you've installed cIOSCorp.
    Please install original IOS and you u should be ready to install bootmii

7. mikewill57
    OP

United States
    I'm not using bootmii though. Unless it went on by itself. I have preloader on there.