Hacking softmii help (need clerification)

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
i recently downgraded my wii from 3.4e to 3.2e using the oct 23rd fix guide and proceeded to install starfall. now i want to try out softmii since from what i understand its the safest mod to recover from should i semi-brick or fully brick my wii,

so to begin with which sofmii should i use V0.9.5 or v 1.0, also do i uninstall all the hacks i had put on for starfall then follow the guide for softmii from phase 3 or do i need to upgrade to 3.4 again and then re-downgrade a second time?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use either 0.95 or 1.0 since almost nothing has changed besides the SoftMii Tweaks application (Which changes the look of the systemmenus and such).

Start at Phase 2 and if you get any errors, look online for a systemmenu-v290.wad file and install that with a wad manager, its basically just an update so that you can try again. (Start at Phase 2 yet again if you do that though)

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool thanks, only one other thing do i remove the original starfall i had installed with all the hacks or leave them alone?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He doesnt need to uninstall them. ARC erases all of them and gives him a fresh region free system menu. ARC is the key step people who are having issues with softmii skip, they think since they are on 3.2 already it isn't needed when it is.

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok it seems i have run into a small issue, i ran with softmii 0.95 and got up to phase 3 without any issues, i loaded up preloader which was included and found out it was preloader 0.25, so i got the code to launch it and it went through but it seems i can`t launch directly into the main wii screen but i can launch hbc, everytime i try to go into settings and enable the hacks that i want like the skip disc updates it keeps failing, any clue whats going on and how to fix it?

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use 1.0 since it already has preloader 0.27 included.

The lower versions of preloader always give me issues.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn Wii off, hold the reset button, push the power on keep holding reset.
Now your in Preloader main menu, set autoboot: systemmenu.

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks, it seems to be running now, last thing how do i go from preloader 0.25 to 0.27, i have it downloaded ready just need to know how to replace 0.25 with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent +1