softchip R98 config can't safe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by newr, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009

softchip R98 config can't safe by newr at 11:29 PM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. newr
    OP

Newcomer newr Advanced Member

Canada
    Just thought I got it figured out, got another problem. I've been running Softchip R98 wihtout any problems. I just installed USB loader GX with Forwarder. Had trouble getting it to work but it worked fine after I updated all files in the USB loader GX.

Now, when I run softchip without SD card in the slot, it says cannot safe config file and it defaults to IOS36 instead of IOS249. It works fine if I insert the SD card. I didn't remember having to leave the SD card in the slot for it to load 249 and save config file.

Any ideas why this is happening now? How can I fix it so it can just load without the SD card in?

Thanks

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The config is stored on sd card, where is the problem now???

3. newr
    OP

Canada
    That's strange, I didn't notice the error message before when I run softchip without the SD card in the slot. And IOS 249 was installed as default instead of IOS36.

So I need to leave the SD card in the slot to have softchip to work then? I didn't remember having to do that before when I first got the console with this installed by the seller. It just ran IOS249 as default.

Anyway to get around this? Or I just have to leave the SD card in the slot to have it load IOS249 as default ?

4. WiiPower

Germany
    SoftChip is open source, you can change everything you want and even release that mod in public.

5. newr
    OP

Canada
    so does it mean I just have a dol file that had IOS36 as default instead of 249? I don't really know how to change it ....I've been getting the dol and wad files for the version. I can't change it after right? i.e. the config will save the change on the SD and that's it?

6. newr
    OP

Canada
    So is there a way to run softchip without an SD card or USB for the config file? My is default to IOS36 when it runs...how could I change it to IOS249 as default so I don't have to change it everytime if I don't put an SD in the slot?

7. WiiPower

Germany