Hacking softchip R98 config can't safe

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just thought I got it figured out, got another problem. I've been running Softchip R98 wihtout any problems. I just installed USB loader GX with Forwarder. Had trouble getting it to work but it worked fine after I updated all files in the USB loader GX.

Now, when I run softchip without SD card in the slot, it says cannot safe config file and it defaults to IOS36 instead of IOS249. It works fine if I insert the SD card. I didn't remember having to leave the SD card in the slot for it to load 249 and save config file.

Any ideas why this is happening now? How can I fix it so it can just load without the SD card in?

Thanks

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's strange, I didn't notice the error message before when I run softchip without the SD card in the slot. And IOS 249 was installed as default instead of IOS36.

So I need to leave the SD card in the slot to have softchip to work then? I didn't remember having to do that before when I first got the console with this installed by the seller. It just ran IOS249 as default.

Anyway to get around this? Or I just have to leave the SD card in the slot to have it load IOS249 as default ?

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so does it mean I just have a dol file that had IOS36 as default instead of 249? I don't really know how to change it ....I've been getting the dol and wad files for the version. I can't change it after right? i.e. the config will save the change on the SD and that's it?

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is there a way to run softchip without an SD card or USB for the config file? My is default to IOS36 when it runs...how could I change it to IOS249 as default so I don't have to change it everytime if I don't put an SD in the slot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Wake up