M-A-F-I-A said:

thanks for the channel
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R89, it has some changes around the apploader. I have 1 confirmation that SSX works now(even if it still requires IOS Version patching to IOS249 or having cioscorp installed).

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if either of these have been asked and answered before but there are 95 pages in the thread so it's a bit hard to find stuff
wink.gif

[1] I installed SoftChip R89 as I'd read that it could show you what version of any particular IOS file you'd got installed was. Cool. I checked a few IOSes but when I got to IOS4 it just lost all functionality (the controls no longer respond) and I can't change the IOS any more. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SoftChip but it's now permanently stuck on 4... I'm guessing that it's something to do with it storing the IOS number in its configuration file? Is it a bug that causes everything to just freeze if you select a "bad" IOS, eg. 4?

[2] Speaking of config files, where *is* it stored exactly? AnyTitleDeleter shows me that I've got a couple of hidden channels so I'm guessing it's one (or both) of those..... is that right? If so, what's the ID? I'm assuming that if I remove it then the problem I'm having above will be fixed and I'll also get some more blocks of space back too if I want to totally remove SoftChip at any point.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I: SoftChip doesn't need to be installed, only copied to sd card and run in HBC
II: The config file is located at /SoftChip/ on your sd card, we don't want to mess the nand.
III: IOS4 is only for updates and is a very special IOS, but i will try to get a solution for crashs on startup due to the wrong IOS selected

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
R89, it has some changes around the apploader. I have 1 confirmation that SSX works now(even if it still requires IOS Version patching to IOS249 or having cioscorp installed).

Really ? You can run SSX without a patching to IOS249 if having cioscorp installed just like House of the Dead 2 ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It need IOS Version patching or cioscorp installed. As far as i know it didn't work before with neither method.

But it has a strange issue with modchips, if you have a modchip you need ciosorp or patching to IOS36 or IOS249 too to get the game working. It seems to be some issue with the old IOS which aren't splitted into differnet app files.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I: SoftChip doesn't need to be installed, only copied to sd card and run in HBC
II: The config file is located at /SoftChip/ on your sd card, we don't want to mess the nand.
III: IOS4 is only for updates and is a very special IOS, but i will try to get a solution for crashs on startup due to the wrong IOS selected

OK, thanks for that. I'd forgotten to check the SD card as it's not normally left in the Wii (should have been the first place I thought to look for the config file really - duh!). As for installing SoftChip, I meant that I'd installed M-A-F-I-A's most recent channel. As for IOS4, I wouldn't normally poke around anywhere near it but I was just checking what versions I'd got and went "up" from 249 and it looped back to 4. I selected it and it told me what version it was... and then jammed. I don't intend doing anything else with it... honest! I like my Wii working but feel a bit safer if I know what's on there, if that makes sense?

Cheers!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R90 is out:
The configuration file is saved now before you select a new IOS. Now if you load IOS4, SoftChip freezes in the menu, and when you load it again, it loads the configuration state before selection IOS4.
And IOS0 is removed from the IOS selection menu.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r91/r92:
Auto Force Language option added. It forces english for games with region 'E'(NTSC-U games) and japanese for games with region 'J'(NTSC-J games). If a game is not from these 2 regions, the language is of course not patched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work