SoftChip Backup Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by requiem4d, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    Can someone give me a comparison of Wiigator's backup launcher .3b and this? I know this doesn't let you play games from other regions yet, but that's not that important to me. Which version has better compatibility with its own region and which one plays games at faster speeds?

2. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Does it contain some NTSC locking? I only get a black screen on my tv with AV1 in the upper left(AV1 signal is form my tv), maybe i do not get any screen at all? sum182 seems to be able to play PAL games with a NTSC wii, shouldn't this impossible at this moment?

Does anybody get a game working with a PAL Wii?

The code with the "amazing bug fix" is never executed if you don't have a usbgecko. There are lots of lines of code you CAN delete without any change to all non-gecko-users.

3. sum182

sum182 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2008
    United States
    Thats what i thought, thats why i had to report it. I could up a vid or something if you guys dont believe me but itd be phone quality lol.

4. ebdynasty

ebdynasty GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    Can someone please help me with my problem, I get to the screen it says IOS 249 and then press A to continue, nothing happens I even tried to reinstall 249

5. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    i get that too i have a pal wii with 3.2 and waninoko's cios rev 6 i even tryd the wiigator 0.3 cios...

6. sum182

sum182 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2008
    United States
    Try ejecting and re-inserting the game.

7. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Which ios do you use? SoftChip should only work with Waninkoko's cIOS36 rev 6(not 5!) and the cios which is installed by Wiigator's cios_installer which came with the 0.3b loader.

8. requiem4d
    OP

requiem4d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    sum182: Is it possible your backups are region patched? The loader does zero patching at the moment.

9. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    i have tryd all the 2 cios'es and no luck ... i just get after pressing A a no input signal from my tv [​IMG] and reinsering the game doesnt work also...

10. agimann

agimann GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    Norway
    so, does QoS Pal work on this? if not, does any of the other failure-backups that did not function on other loaders work with this? requim4d you might very well know it the best? good luck with this anyway [​IMG]

11. ebdynasty

Oct 29, 2008
    I dunno, would it be possible for you to supply the link? My brain isnt working properly right now [​IMG]

12. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    i have the same problem and i have the right games for my wii its a pal wii and thye games are pal and they are 1:1

13. sum182

sum182 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2008
    United States
    If my games were region patched wouldnt they have loaded in WiiGators without having to force NTSC? cause when i did that they appeared in Black and white flickering screens.

14. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Strange problems. I can't start a game, but when i press A "something" happens, the game is identified correctly, a lot of stuff is written on the screen and after Loading........... i get a black screen.

15. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    i have that too only i just get no input signal... are you also pal wii's ?

16. Sayargh

Sayargh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    If nothing else, Paper Mario my 1:1 copy, I wasn't able to get past 2-3, it crashed at the end with the patched copy, and wouldn't load my save with my 1:1 copy, softchip loader not only loaded it perfectly with the 1:1 copy but let me finish that stage, bravo.

Not much for a test result but, anything positive that differs is a good thing I guess.

Okami comes up with the same error as wiigators loader does.

50% of the time the loader loads to a black screen (this is before it would display Press A to continue)

17. ebdynasty

Oct 29, 2008
    Yep, it loads up according to the launcher but decides to go to a blue screen [​IMG]

18. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    pfff that really sucks ... the first release of this loader had the null pointer error and now it will not start the game however it shows the correct title and evrythingh this loader seems promising but there is still alot to do ... just beat this bug [​IMG]

19. Sayargh

Sayargh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    Which game? I've actually managed to get at least one game to work on this loader.

20. hyperg

hyperg Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    ya . software is still early in development so we should expect some good from the community of developers to take a hand with the project.