Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope this one looks a bit better than the r73 one ... what is new in this one anyway? nfs:uc compatibility?
tongue.gif
(I'ma check the zip, edit this post once I found out)

EDIT: no readme in the zip ... no clue what has changed... check the website?
tongue.gif

EDIT2: there's nothing about this one on the website (ah, so I couldn't figure out how the google code website worked
tongue.gif
) ... pika, what can you tell us about it?

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe I should've opened my eyes before checking out the website
tongue.gif
I'll try if it works with need for speed undercover ...

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
of course not, but r73 still didn't work... this one seems to be faster than the gamma loader... (although it seems to have more problems with the environment loading, but that could as well just be the game as that happens with the original as well...)

so my question, if I set autoboot enabled, can I still get into the config menu - by holding 1 I'm thinking?

edit: oh wait, the autoboot option is for when the wii is booting right, not the channel?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arendo said:
of course not, but r73 still didn't work... this one seems to be faster than the gamma loader...

so my question, if I set autoboot enabled, can I still get into the config menu - by holding 1 I'm thinking?

edit: oh wait, the autoboot option is for when the wii is booting right, not the channel?

What are you talking about, "[...] but r73 still didn't work [...]"?

The autoboot is the "feature" to start the game without the need to press a button after SoftChip is started. You need to tap the button.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arendo said:
r73 still gave problems with need for speed undercover - reading disc errors I believe...

The question is, where did you get these errors? And do you get these errors with Gamma too? If you get these errors inside the game and get them with Gamma too, it's the cIOS fault.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
exactly my point, the same cd then worked on gamma and now works on r74 without any problems... so it definitely was r73 - I also noticed more posts about the r73 not being able to run NFSU perfectly...

anyway, it now works, so big ups to the softchip team
tongue.gif
I'm actually gonna replace my gamma channel with the r74, since it seems much faster... another question though, if I enable the 002 fix option and a game has no 002 problem, nothing could go wrong then, right?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arendo said:
exactly my point, the same cd then worked on gamma and now works on r74 without any problems... so it definitely was r73 - I also noticed more posts about the r73 not being able to run NFSU perfectly...

anyway, it now works, so big ups to the softchip team
tongue.gif
I'm actually gonna replace my gamma channel with the r74, since it seems much faster... another question though, if I enable the 002 fix option and a game has no 002 problem, nothing could go wrong then, right?

???

The change from r73 to r74 is:
Out->Print("[+] IOS %d Loaded\n\n", IOS_Version);
to:
Out->Print("[+] IOS %d (revision %d) Loaded\n\n", IOS_Version, IOS_GetRevision());

I think there's nothing to add.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, maybe it's me, but still, that's what I experienced, just sharing my experience
wink.gif

and again, just for my confirmation: if I have 002 fix enabled as default, other games without the 002 error, will still work normally right?

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kimikal, don't tripple post.

Great job on the increases mates! I now officially use Softchip instead of gamma, not that i made a definite choice, but it seems to be smoother.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kashin said:
kimikal, don't tripple post.

Great job on the increases mates! I now officially use Softchip instead of gamma, not that i made a definite choice, but it seems to be smoother.

If you don't need cheats, decrypted games or improved* region free compatibility, there's no reason not to use SoftChip.

*I don't know what vidpatch does, can't test myself, i have only games from my region

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, I just tested it, and the 002-Fix works, Gamma with the 002-Fix fails...now only Cheat-Codes and Vid-Patch are missing...

Oh, btw...If I set it to Autoboot in the Config, how can I go to the Config-Menü? Which button should I press? Thanks in Advance!

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Well, I just tested it, and the 002-Fix works, Gamma with the 002-Fix fails...now only Cheat-Codes and Vid-Patch are missing...

Oh, btw...If I set it to Autoboot in the Config, how can I go to the Config-Menü? Which button should I press? Thanks in Advance!

I think you hold '1' on the WiiMote when you start it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Read the reviews