luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DaK_TaLeS said:
To coder:

I got an idea to improve your softchip project.
Many users play import and standard games with your loader.
You know that some game (import but new too) uses differents combination of settings to work.
Currently we have one configuration file so we have to change it every time.
It would be nice if we can store more then one cfg (maybe based on game's title, like save or disc image label).

Example:
Softchip launched without any disc inserted = default cfg loaded
Softchip launched with a "new" disc = default cfg loaded, when game starts the configuration is written to SD
(like RNYE.cfg for naruto clash of ninja)
Softchip launched with an already used disc = specific cfg loaded...
This is one of our goals, I'll be working on that.

Hans Gruber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
anyone can upload r73 wad please...?

cant you search through previous pages, iv'e posted one! PAGE 73 is all it took!!!!

No disrespect to you ( I appreciate everyone's work on this project) but the one you have made is quite large, and I prefer the simple design of the previous wads. I've tried knocking one up myself but I'm completely clueless
biggrin.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
It seems there is a bug with the Autoboot function of r73: if enabled it seems there is no way to turning back to the config screen, except deleting the .cfg file on the SD.

For now me and another GBATemp user have this problem, any other ones?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DaRk_ViVi said:
It seems there is a bug with the Autoboot function of r73: if enabled it seems there is no way to turning back to the config screen, except deleting the .cfg file on the SD.

Did you try tapping the 1 button of the wiimote while booting?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I still get issues with code dumps with softchip. Don't know why.. It worked fine for about 4 times and then it is now just taking dumps... it's the r73 on the fowarder channel... I guess I may just run it through homebrew to make sure it's just not the wad for it... Anyone have this problem as well?

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
DaRk_ViVi said:

Yes, tried tapping and keeping it pressed but nothing changes.
I'm using it through the Linking channel but also loading the dol in the HBC does the same. :\

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:
I still get issues with code dumps with softchip. Don't know why.. It worked fine for about 4 times and then it is now just taking dumps... it's the r73 on the fowarder channel... I guess I may just run it through homebrew to make sure it's just not the wad for it... Anyone have this problem as well?

We can only accept this as an issue in SoftChip if you get this while booting from the HBC. The forwarder isn't done by any of our team members, so we are not officially supporting it. Ok, i asked SpaceJump to do it, but the release i saw wasn't open source, so i couldn't verify it at all.

DaRk_ViVi said:
WiiPower said:
QUOTE(DaRk_ViVi @ Dec 21 2008, 01:31 PM) It seems there is a bug with the Autoboot function of r73: if enabled it seems there is no way to turning back to the config screen, except deleting the .cfg file on the SD.

I'm using it through the Linking channel but also loading the dol in the HBC does the same. :\

Ok you can't access the menu by tapping 1 when booting from HBC, i will take a look at it later.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DaRk_ViVi said:

I can't reproduce this. If i start SoftChip from HBC with autoboot enabled, i get into the menu when i tap the 1 button. Do you have any gamecube and/or usb hardware plugged in? Do you have a 2nd wiimote enabled and turned on? You you have the nunchuk or classic conroller plugged in?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea... it seems as if there are a few issues using the forwarder.dol with some apps... like sdhc support. So it's still probably best to run a few of these through homebrew... To me the only dol injected in a wad that has always worked without fail on my 2 Wii's is gamma... Unfortunately, I am really liking the features of Softchip though... But I can not use this for softchipping just as of yet on someone else's Wii until all the bugs are ironed out. It would also be nice if we could find something to tune the scan/readings up on some of the Wii's that won't load all backups.. Without opening the console if possible? I still think that is why we got a lot of people that are positive they are burning media right and yet it's still not working on that particular drive.. Sorry to get off topic... just wanted to summarize somethings this project has known issues with..

luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DaRk_ViVi said:

Someone had this problem, he was using the old libs, please verify if you have the updated ones, from the DevkitPro Updater.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I've been gone for awhile and I just wanted to know. Did you guys make it so Soft chip can play games that run IOS 249 without manipulating the ISO in any way yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: