Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader: compiled binaries

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
I guess I'm still not getting much notice.
Before this thread started, I had my stuff compiled at one link:
http://ratm.net63.net/SoftChip.zip

Go there once there's a revision update and provided I'm not at school or at the movies with "someone," or playing guitar, or other stuff, it'll be there.

Thanks for the R60 dol matey
wink.gif

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
ephumuris said:
What's a .dol? I wanted this Loader so i just used HBC to install the WAD.
What the heck are you talking about..?!
WHAT IS A DOL?!?!?

Yo, go and read up on the Homebrew Scene if you think you want to be a part of it! Hehehe, you wanted a backup laoder to play your pirated games, so you install the WAD with HBC?!? Well.... OK! LOL

Ok, to answer your question, a .dol file is the homebrew!!! It IS the whole! You see..? Wads are not homebrew.. and the Homebrew Channel isnt a Wad installer..! You understand..?!

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I fully well know HBC isn't a WAD installer i meant i used HBC to launch WAD Manager 1.3.

And using the WAD version makes me a Pirate but using the DOL wouldn't?

I think i'm going to remove you with dickWAD Manager 1.3.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ephumuris said:
I fully well know HBC isn't a WAD installer i meant i used HBC to launch WAD Manager 1.3.

1. Fine.

2. When did he say that? Using a WiiWare/VC WAD makes you a pirate. And using the loader for other than using it on games that you own and paid for also makes you a pirate.

3. You can shut up. I don't care if you weren't saying that to me.

KimKong

Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
ephumuris said:

Well, untill you stop posting ignorant questions on a thread about advanced homebrew discussions, please, keep that naughty mouth of yours shut!

And by the way, if you dont know what the heck a DOL is, you bloddy well are a pirate! LOL

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
2. When did he say that? Using a WiiWare/VC WAD makes you a pirate. And using the loader for other than using it on games that you own and paid for also makes you a pirate.

Here

ahole said:
Yo, go and read up on the Homebrew Scene if you think you want to be a part of it! Hehehe, you wanted a backup laoder to play your pirated games, so you install the WAD with HBC?!? Well.... OK! LOL

So from my one sentence he assumed i'm a pirate? How does installing a SoftChip WAD make me a pirate? I'd love to know. I never even mentioned installing WiiWare or VC WAD's.

Arm the Homeless said:
3. You can shut up. I don't care if you weren't saying that to me.

Sorry did i miss the part where you have some sort of authority over peoples opinions and responses?

QUOTE(theBLUEBIRD @ Nov 29 2008, 02:05 PM)
Well, untill you stop posting ignorant questions on a thread about advanced homebrew discussions, please, keep that naughty mouth of yours shut!

I'm new. Got my Wii 3 days ago. Most of the stuff stuff i've installed is pretty much automatic so i don't notice filetypes.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ephumuris said:
What's a .dol?
there was once a girl in history class that ask who Hitler was.....
this would be the homebrew scene version of that exact same moment.
just read up on the scene some before you ask questions like that unlike in history class you can use Google here and not get bashed for lack there of knowledge in this subject.

KimKong

Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
ephumuris said:
I never got taught about the Wii homebrew scene back when i was in school. I did however learn about Hitler.
smile.gif
Well, did you ever consider learning about Wii Homebrew before you installed alot of stuff on your console? Or even better, since you got your Wii three days ago, how the hell can you jump right on and install all this kinds of stuff..?! You should read the basics.. Not ask about it here!!

And on that remark of yours, stating that I called you a pirate for using a Wad version of the backup launcher. THATS NOT WHAT I SAID YOU FOOL!! I said, you are obviously going to use this backup launcher and the HBC to play your pirated games, since you dont even know the simplest rules of homebrew, how can you be anything but a pirate?!?

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because i installed homebrew on my first Xbox, my PSP, my NDS and now this. I like to do this sort of stuff. I like being able to play older games still.

Like i said you don't need to learn much as this stuff pretty much installs itself. All i know is it works why should i know much more than that? But i get punished for asking a question about that.

Oh and i'm glad you can judge a persons character from one small sentence. I hope it makes you feel real big and clever.
rolleyes.gif

KimKong

Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
ephumuris said:
Because i installed homebrew on my first Xbox, my PSP, my NDS and now this. I like to do this sort of stuff. I like being able to play older games still.

Like i said you don't need to learn much as this stuff pretty much installs itself. All i know is it works why should i know much more than that? But i get punished for asking a question about that.

Oh and i'm glad you can judge a persons character from one small sentence. I hope it makes you feel real big and clever.
rolleyes.gif
Uhm, you don't seem to understand what I'm asking you...

And now I see why you cant look at this from any other viewpoint.. It's because of THIS statement: "All i know is it works why should i know much more than that?" Are you insane or something..?! Just because something works, doesnt mean you can go right ahead and do whatever you want with it! You need to know how things work to fully use them! This is true for all sorts of matters, not just computers! And if you still don't understand what I'm talking about.. Knowlege is power! You understand that...?

Btw, I have modded my share of consoles. And I'm fairly involved in lots of different homebrew scenes. But when you say you have installed homebrew on xbox, psp, and nds, that doesnt mean a damn thing. Since you dont know what a dol is, you clearly dont do your homework right after school, kid!

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I knew that the apps come in WAD and DOL format i guess i was just asking the difference. I give up though you win. I'm wrong, you're right. Oh and just because you 23 doesn't mean you can call me kid especially when you don't know how old i am.

You win. Let's stop the spam.

KimKong

Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
ephumuris said:
I knew that the apps come in WAD and DOL format i guess i was just asking the difference. I give up though you win. I'm wrong, you're right. Oh and just because you 23 doesn't mean you can call me kid especially when you don't know how old i am.

You win. Let's stop the spam.
What are you talking about?
Why are you desperatly trying to find stuff (out of context) to hit me back with..?! I'm calling you kid if I feel like it.. Heck, I call myself kid! Eather way, if you were asking the difference between a Wad and a Dol file, that is just as ignorant as your last ranting piece of questioning..! But I'm sorry for mashing so hard uppon you..! It's just a really, really, REALLY weird attitude for a guy known with homebrew...

And why are my posts beeing removed..?
This thread is for "SoftChip Backup Loader: compiled binaries", so when I answer a stupid question, my threads get errased and the question still stands?! Uhm, ok.. If thats how it is.. It is!

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o