phillyguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,

My friend had a DSi and AK2i. I loaded MAIO v3.0 to his AK2i. I enable soft reset. Everything works but the soft reset (L+R+A+B+ down arrow) is not working. he had to power off and on to play other game. Does his DSi need to update DSi 1.4 firmware using this one "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds" or use ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds?

Thx

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With MAIO you autoboot on Moonshell right ? If so there's no way to enable soft reset from Moonshell.
You have to run akmenu4.nds from Moonshell to exit back to AKAIO and then enable soft reset from here.
If you already did that, maybe your friend has a broken button on his DSi.

If the DSi menu shows the "danny phantom" icon, there's no need to update.
Btw the file you mentioned update the AK2i firmware not the DSi firmware.
It needs to be done if the DSi is 1.4 firmware because it blocks flashcarts.

You can check the DSi firmware in the main settings. If it's 1.4 already, your AK2i is up to date since it works on it but if it's lower version, make sure the update was done (danny phantom icon or not) and then update the DSi to 1.4 (you can do that in the DSi settings too).

phillyguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jak larnak said:
With MAIO you autoboot on Moonshell right ? If so there's no way to enable soft reset from Moonshell.
You have to run akmenu4.nds from Moonshell to exit back to AKAIO and then enable soft reset from here.
If you already did that, maybe your friend has a broken button on his DSi.
All button works. i try to run on moonshell - soft reset not working. i ran on akmenu4 - soft reset not working.

If the DSi menu shows the "danny phantom" icon, there's no need to update.
Btw the file you mentioned update the AK2i firmware not the DSi firmware.
It needs to be done if the DSi is 1.4 firmware because it blocks flashcarts.
Yes it does show "danny phantom"

You can check the DSi firmware in the main settings. If it's 1.4 already, your AK2i is up to date since it works on it but if it's lower version, make sure the update was done (danny phantom icon or not) and then update the DSi to 1.4 (you can do that in the DSi settings too).
not sure, i'llcheck once he's home

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM