Hacking so....

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geez... someone comes along and suuports the R4... thar is rare.

what is NOT rare is the R4 bashing.

prove it da_head, I'll except what you have to say but first prove it.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sighs and rubs his temples*

People here bash on R4 as a crude way to try and keep newcomers to the DS scene from buying discontinued and no-longer-supported hardware.

For those who choose not to listen to the "bashing" we offer our condolences, and point you toward the R4 portion of our forum. There you will continue to get the best support and assistance that you can get these days, but any update or upgrade you receive from this point on is going to be made by a group of unpaid coders who will inevitably tire of putting up with requests to make this, that, and the other game work with the R4.

The R4 was an EXCELLENT card in it's heyday...nearly two years ago. It was "cutting edge" back then, and it became so popular that it got targeted for demolition by Nintendo. Don't mistake me for a "hater" of the R4. I do not hate the card at all, but I will not recommend it to anyone any more.

It is my opinion that da_head is correct.
If you require proof, tell us how much you paid for the R4.

I feel that I have kept this post as kind and helpful as I possibly can.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of morbid curiousity, with the final "official" firmware (v1.17) what is the best stopping point in terms of ROM compatability (ROM number wise). I know that the newest ones aren't compatable, but I know that the R4 is still compatable up to 2250. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna get a CycloDS, but if the R4 is still usable for the older games, it could still be worth picking up a legit one on a deal.

And speaking of legit, are the ones being sold by www.realhotstuff.com legit?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The chance og getting a legit R4DS now is very slim as they have been stopped being manufactured for several months now and 99% of the R4 cards on the market now are fakes or clones that tend to have a high rate of data corruption and some have caused NDS bricking.

fma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my first R4 last week -- I did my due diligence after receiving the package (compared pictures of box and exterior of cart case) and as far as I know it's real.

I just wanted to point this out as it is possible to find real R4 still
smile.gif

tigerx87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I just bought my first R4 last week -- I did my due diligence after receiving the package (compared pictures of box and exterior of cart case) and as far as I know it's real.

I just wanted to point this out as it is possible to find real R4 still smile.gif

or very well made fake, i bought mine recently from a reputable seller but i'm not even sure still.

anyway if you guy have a r4 then just enjoy it cause it's still a good card to have.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
my father bought my R4 for me from someone he knew... the cover looks real, the flashcart is black type?

isit real?

Posts merged

my father bought my R4 for me from someone he knew... the cover looks real, the flashcart is black type?

isit real?

where did that come from

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vulpes Abnocto said:
*sighs and rubs his temples*

People here bash on R4 as a crude way to try and keep newcomers to the DS scene from buying discontinued and no-longer-supported hardware.

For those who choose not to listen to the "bashing" we offer our condolences, and point you toward the R4 portion of our forum. There you will continue to get the best support and assistance that you can get these days, but any update or upgrade you receive from this point on is going to be made by a group of unpaid coders who will inevitably tire of putting up with requests to make this, that, and the other game work with the R4.

The R4 was an EXCELLENT card in it's heyday...nearly two years ago. It was "cutting edge" back then, and it became so popular that it got targeted for demolition by Nintendo. Don't mistake me for a "hater" of the R4. I do not hate the card at all, but I will not recommend it to anyone any more.

It is my opinion that da_head is correct.
If you require proof, tell us how much you paid for the R4.

I feel that I have kept this post as kind and helpful as I possibly can.

a valid opinion, thanks for explaining.

I bought mine for... shit... around 50-60? a year ago? PLUS the mem card though, it was a package deal.

I knew that former gameyeeeah really brought the price down after awhile though, I too, wished I had bought a Cyclo

the R4 does me well though, it gets me what I need, I just didn't know that this happened...what happened to that whole "sept new firmwire" release?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
what happened to that whole "sept new firmwire" release?
it never happened. to be honest, I don't think that anyone was surprised given that the team had stopped supporting and providing firmware updates 3 months prior.

if you own a [real] one, your best bet is to install ysmenu (R4Ysauto) on it. a helpful guide can be found >>here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb