So with the coming loader...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MCBarkingSpoon, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008
  1. MCBarkingSpoon
    OP

Member MCBarkingSpoon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wiigators next loader from what I have read will no longer need patched games.

If he doesn't include patched games support is their a way that after dumping a patched disc the process can be reversed?

TIA

2. knowitall599

Banned knowitall599 Banned

United States
    Extremely good observation. Dude, you should e-mail Wiigator about that one.

3. MCBarkingSpoon
    OP

United States
    I'm doubting theirs a way to reverse but im also just hoping their is. No offense to the other fella who started the loader progress, but when I thought their way no hope for 1:1 copies I patched all of mine. If I can at least dump and reverse it'll save a lot of issues

4. SanGor

Member SanGor Witchhunter

United States

too much information gets lost in the patch process which you need to correctly rebuild it, it should be possible to create a "unpatched" version from a
    patched one which wouldn't be exactly like the old one but should work.

5. Jacol Beyros

Newcomer Jacol Beyros Member

United States
    but can wiigators new loader play patched games anyway? if so, theres no point in reversing unless you want to get a chip, right?

6. Sorox

Member Sorox Master Firo Soul

United States
    If you read the last 3 pages on the the thread "backup launcher by wiigator" you would know that he is making a new loader that supports un-patched games. Afterwards though, he says that he will make a patched game supported one too.

7. MCBarkingSpoon
    OP

United States
    Yeah just hope he adds support for both, thats alot of games I have to start over.

8. Sorox

United States
    same here. I already have 3 games that took about a week to get (Torrents suck) and i already patched them and got rid of the original.

9. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Thats why you should hold onto your games instead of deleting them. I knew something like this was going to happen so I kept all the games I downloaded [​IMG]

10. Sorox

United States
    lol, lucky. Ive seen a thraed like this before somewhere just to let you know. But yeah. I should have kept it. the problem though is that im using the family computer and my dad has ALOT of stuff. So i need to get rid of alot of stuff.

11. MCBarkingSpoon
    OP

United States
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing when this started but I am a space monger so i deleted.
    Sorox go to sites that share via rapidshare and get a rapidshare account. its so worth it that way.

12. Sorox

United States
    I gte most of my games from [link removed because i suggested something cool...]
    I got de blob from here. you can get whole isos in one file, but you have to pay like 20$ a month on megashare.com to do so. I like mediafire better.

13. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    Yeah when this came about I started downloading all the wii games I could get... which was about 40... I am lucky because I still have them.. and continue to help seed for this new era of wii torrents which will probably increase...the more the demand the faster you get it.... look at tv torrents they are bangin' with seeds...
    or find you a good private tracker as well...that's nice to have... wii period is just kinda weak in the torrent department... as well as newslinks and rapidshare... you would think after seeing the wii as the hottest selling platform to date there would be more.... we'll see...

14. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    You should edit your post. Your linking to warez.

15. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    So are you, you need to edit out the link.

16. MCBarkingSpoon
    OP

United States
    28, that I have to redo. [​IMG] lol

17. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Im trying to keep all relevant questions and answers updated in the issues and answers thread below

18. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    For sure. tvt.com kicks ass, and I like and use it way more than that other popular private tv tracker. Speeds are quick.

Sorox if it seriously took a week to grab three games, then those downloads possibly either had a low amount of seeders, the seeds that were there had a very slow upload speed, or your internet connection is slow(can't download very fast, if you're downloading at like 50-100kb/s, then yeah...it's gonna take you a while to get those bigger games).

I wouldn't give up on a torrents, it's a great way to get files(although I prefer usenet or ftp dumps just for the added security). Get yourself into any good private tracker and you'll be downloading files as fast as your connection will allow you to grab them.

19. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Yeah, something else is causing the current loader bugs. It'd be just load time normally.

20. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    no
    there's no way to revert the process unless you know the private key used to encrypt the game partition..
    wich, as far as i know, isn't known by anyone.