Homebrew So what's the best workaround for backing up my GBA VC CIA save files for using on N3DS?

EddieEddie90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm going to switch to a n3ds but I don't want to lose my saves from GBA VC games like Final Fantasy V. Is there any way of making the saves work on another console. (Without using Agbsave9)

Also, is it posible to just copy the [Insert game title here] save folder over to the sysNAND folder on the new console to make the save work again? just wondering.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Agbsave9. Unfortunately restoring the saves is a royal pain in the ass. You have to run a special python script which requires installing Linux (unless you are willing to use a hacked version of the script which was modified to work in Windows), install the resulting cia and run it, back up a folder on the sd card, install the original game cia, and then restore said folder.

Reactions: EddieEddie90

EddieEddie90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the reply man, I was just thinking if I switch to a GBA emulator, otherwise I will be NEVER be able to restore my gba saves on to my games. How's the emulation on n3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?