Hacking So What's So Special About "FlatMii"?

raenef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this like the Backup Loader? What's thet Difference?
wacko.gif

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
you run games from your computer. which means no-disk wastes, no bad burns. etc. etc.

you dont even need a dvd drive in your wii, because flatmii emulates it.

if it is real, that is
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

raenef said:
Isn't this like the Backup Loader? What's thet Difference?
wacko.gif

Backup loader is just software, FlatMii is both hardware AND software..

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Some Wii models come with a very very badly built DVD drive motor that dies easily, this saves people that have them from needing to replace.

This will also allow storage of a lot of games without needing to go hunt for the discs. This will also evolve once it's out (if real) into better things and I expect to see some other things running from the pc too, I won't speculate on that tho
tongue.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
ausdamn said:
REASON WHY I KNOW THIS IS A FAKE

look at this video..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJVSYFkHWU

look at when he pans the camera back out the drive LED light it lit up to show us that a disc has recently been inserted...
nice try wank0r...fake..
OMG lol, that happens because of the default wii commands, IE, insert disk(send ISO) flash lights.that isnt anything to do with the drive its self, its in the firmware commands. when i was testing for waninkoko with the 1ST backup loader that happened loads of times because of wrong commands to get the disk and such.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
ausdamn said:
REASON WHY I KNOW THIS IS A FAKE

look at this video..
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJVSYFkHWU

look at when he pans the camera back out the drive LED light it lit up to show us that a disc has recently been inserted...
nice try wank0r...fake..
OMG lol, that happens because of the default wii commands, IE, insert disk(send ISO) flash lights.that isnt anything to do with the drive its self, its in the firmware commands. when i was testing for waninkoko with the 1ST backup loader that happened loads of times because of wrong commands to get the disk and such.
I agree, I have had the light come on too when no DVD is in when testing apps that access the DVD drive.

Time will tell if this is real, as I posted elsewhere, it is VERY similar to DD that was thought to be a fake but proved real, like many other things.

What I wonder about most is why 3 different posts about this?
Why am I waisting time replying again?

Imho people here are far too impatient for things, and really it is kinda disrepectful to shout fake at everything all the time.
Give the benefit of doubt, and wait.

If anyone knows what the chips on the circuit board do I'd love to know, and can it be replicated at the pc end leaving only the easy cable to make......

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
ACES163 said:
Its most likely fake though...
like when i posted the 1st vid of the backup loader....... o yea cos we cant play backups without a modchip can we now..... this comunity never learns, do you all know who made this chip? probs not. well it will be released soon probs and then everyone will be like WOW looks like i was wrong.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
ACES163 said:
like when i posted the 1st vid of the backup loader....... o yea cos we cant play backups without a modchip can we now..... this comunity never learns, do you all know who made this chip? probs not. well it will be released soon probs and then everyone will be like WOW looks like i was wrong.
i think it might be fake and really no one knows since there is no way to purchase one and no reviews out there seeing as you can't trust vids of a distributor alone.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
linkinworm said:
ACES163 said:

Even if it turns to be real, I will not "be like WOW".

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
actually the banjo and goldeneye guy just kept the files to himself.... that doesn't mean they were fake.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAKE.

This was started by someone on #WiiDev to get all your pirating hopes up, not gonna happen.

(I have no idea if that second part is true, but im like 200% sure it is fake)

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just showed up guys, of course it's not anywhere, like when the Acekard 2i was announced, you didn't shout fake. They weren't selling it, but that's just like this. Why waste so much effort on videos and a website and all this? NOBODY BETTER FUCKING POST THAT IGN ZELDA THING, I KNOW

I'd gladly test, I just need to get myself a trigram.
frown.gif

OzModChips has already asked to be a official reseller, why would they not have been told that if it was a joke, and create a page reserved for it. You have some hope.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night