So what's going on??

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello EveryBody!

I'm having some problems, I mean, ... let me explain it.

I had a DS. I loved it. Later on, I wanetd a Lite and got it. I loved it. I upgraded from Slot-2, as well, with R4. Okay, the best, I'll never get bore in my life. And I really looked at the PSP at: Oh, it haven't got good games, and those games are already on the PS2... just ports.

Now, previous year's end... soon, Christmas come. My classmate wanted a PSP. I wanted, too. I looked at the games... GTA... Ratchet... Daxter... Need For Speed... truly the NFS. The DS's NFS's are HORRIBLE!!!! The ProStreet one was soo CHEAP!! It was... cut out?? Or... dunno, but Oh My!!! And when I looka t the PSP one... like the console ones.

Now, I wanted a PSP Slim for Christmas. Even better, the Slim has got TV-Output. Wow. I thought. Then, I looked after the Wii... WOW. I wanted it much more better than the PSP. I got it then, the Wii. It's... cool. Tho'... not as much I... think? But hey, it's good, just I think I ... dunno what's wrong with me, I don't play with SMG, RE4, MOH H2, so the titles I loved.

Now, my classmate got a PSP Slim, black. Its... WONDERFUL. When I seen the graphics... of TEKKEN 5 DR... WOW. It was AMAZING!!!! Like on the console!!! I never knew it's soo beautiful. NEVER. And day-by-day, now today, I have seen Spiderman 2 on his PSP... SO MUCH BETTER THAN ON THE DS. Though the DS one was Amazing, too. It was... Awesome!! I really dunno now why I chose the DS over the PSP. Really not. OK... I playing nowadays with Asassin's Creed: AC, wich's graphics is jsut horrible compared to the PSP's beautiful graphcis, and it haven't got good games, while I can make a list about how good games the PSP have got. And with all those shovelware game around there... well, euch. I WANT A PSP Slim. A Silver One.

I got bored out of my DS Lite. Dunno why, but I jsut got. I had good games on it... which ones I really liked... but SM64DS and WarioWare just isn't the same when I played it on the first time, when I got my first DS (not Lite), and those games... OK I finished them 100% but still. They are boring Me. Dunno why... and when I want to play games like I never finished, just played, like Viewtfiful Joe or Castlevania, Advance Wars, The legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (!!!), Dementium, Wario: Master of Disguise, ... and the list just goes on. I really don't know what happened to Me. All the games I liked... just faded away the happiness that once had through them...

And that's happened BEFORE I seen the PSP.

OK I go to school with my DS, around Me my classmates or other people, discordance, etc. Do you think it's because of school?

So what do you guys think? I dunno what's going on...

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everyone has that problem.
tongue.gif

Sometimes you think: Wtf my game collection shux. But after you find an addicting game the feeling will begin to fade, and will eventually dissapear.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I was in EXACTLY the same position as you are, one year ago. So I bought a PSP. Sure, the games looked nice, but I only played GTA, Lemmings and Lumines in the end. While the graphics were stunning for a portable console, I got bored pretty quickly. I've sold mine in September and frankly, now I'm in love with my DS again. I'm just finishing up with Professor Layton (+ there's a weekly puzzle!), Apollo Justice arrives on Tuesday (or sooner, if we're lucky). After that, there's Insecticide (previews say it's a pretty good adventure) in March.

My advice: if you can get it for cheap (you can import them from Hong Kong for about 120€, but this really depends on your luck), get it. Take a good care of it (use a screen protector and such) and if you grow tired of it, sell it. If not, so much the better.
wink.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, except for the obvious killer games my DS was pretty much never touched last year. Only played with the consoles and PSP, but this year is looking to be alot better. DS is already consuming about 70% of my playtime, so I'm guessing the DS just had a little rest fase.

Anyhows, if you don't have a PSP yet. Get one, seriously. And a 2GB Memory Stick while you're at it. Should keep you busy for at least a year.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
A case of the Pirates Blues?

If you have a lot of games on your flashcard, you'll find that you keep switching between them every ten minutes and the next time you start up your DS you feel like you've played them all.
Which is exactly opposite to when you had to buy your own games. You focus on it untill you've finished it an and even go back to it a couple of times.

Everyone has it at one point or the other... It'll fade.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got that problem with the 360 or the wii... dont know which one to get!!

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Well, thanks guys.

But how did you sold your PSP, MaHe?! OK I think I need to get one, but really, how did anyone can go abck to DS... I mean, the graphcis fro AC: AC sucks... =/

So I need to get a PSP Slim... but my parents say that's not good, and the DS is better. So, how do I convince them?

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks guys.

But how did you sold your PSP, MaHe?! OK I think I need to get one, but really, how did anyone can go abck to DS... I mean, the graphcis fro AC: AC sucks... =/

So I need to get a PSP Slim... but my parents say that's not good, and the DS is better. So, how do I convince them?

You are an obvious and pathetic little troll.

I'm sorry I had to be the first one to point this out. I truly do not believe your intentions in this thread are sincere. "Your parents think the DS is better? How can you convince them?"

That sounds like an obvious lie. You're just looking for a way to keep your pathetic troll topic going. (Its already run out of steam). I wouldn't be surprised if you're a sony viral.

Your opinions sound just like those of any fanboy on gamefaqs. What you're saying is nothing we haven't heard from the insecure PSP trolls a million times before. (Omg the graphics!) Its the same old lines. (Except for that BS about your parents, lulz)

And I'm truly sad to see this topic emerge just after VVoltz made an impassioned plea against fanboyism. (In another thread). I support his intentions and I wish to see this forum free of people like you.

So maybe you should post this topic over on gamefaqs instead. You'll probably post it on the DS gaming board.
laugh.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, thanks guys.

You are an obvious and pathetic little troll.

I'm sorry I had to be the first one to point this out. I truly do not believe your intentions in this thread are sincere. "Your parents think the DS is better? How can you convince them?"

That sounds like an obvious lie. You're just looking for a way to keep your pathetic troll topic going. (Its already run out of steam). I wouldn't be surprised if you're a sony viral.

Your opinions sound just like those of any fanboy on gamfaqs. What you're saying is nothing we haven't heard from the insecure PSP trolls a million times before. (Omg the graphics!) Its the same old lines. (Except for that BS about your parents, lulz)

And I'm truly sad to see this topic emerge just after VVoltz made an impassioned plea against fanboyism. (In another thread). I support his intentions and I wish to see this forum free of people like you.

So maybe you should post this topic over on gamefaqs instead. You'll probably post it on the DS gaming board.
laugh.gif

Just because he prefers the PSP over the DS does not make him an automatic Sony fanboy. Just because he thinks different then you doesn't make him a fanboy or stupid or retarded. Stop thinking what you think is fact man... He's not a troll either... It's a free country, at least the US is, and in the US ( i know he's not in the US ) you can't call people trolls because they have different opinions.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior, you are the biggest SONY fanboy on this forum. It should come as a no surprise that you would be the first to defend this troll thread. (Or any troll thread that promote a sony product.)

I also wouldn't be surprised if this topic was created by one of your alts. You are a cancer on this forum. And you ruin this place with your presence. If we were to conduct a poll right now asking if you should be permabanned, I'm am 100% positive that the results would be overwhelmingly in favor of that option.

Now concerning this man's right to have an opinion. Obviously no one can say you are wrong if you prefer one portable to another. Had he presented his feelings in another way I would not have objected.

Its the way he presents his argument, the little inflammatory touches (graphics suck comments and included the flame bait "DS's end" in the title) and the obvious lies he's told that make me angry. This topic is a troll thread. By its nature troll threads are acts of aggression and bigotry. They are an attack on the peace of this forum.

And if you honestly believe that this "kid" actually wants you to help him "convince his parents the PSP is better" well I've got a bridge to nowhere I would love to sell you.

Get lost sony viral.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ZeWarrior, you are the biggest SONY fanboy on this forum. It should come as a no surprise that you would be the first to defend this troll thread. (Or any troll thread that promote a sony product.)

I also wouldn't be surprised if this topic was created by one of your alts. You are a cancer on this forum. And you ruin this place with your presence. If we were to conduct a poll right now asking if you should be permabanned, I'm am 100% positive that the results would be overwhelmingly in favor of that option.

I can the same thing about you and Microsoft, and to be clear, I don't have any fucking alternate accounts. Jesus Christ.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior, you are the biggest SONY fanboy on this forum.  It should come as a no surprise that you would be the first to defend this troll thread.  (Or any troll thread that promote a sony product.)

I also wouldn't be surprised if this topic was created by one of your alts.  You are a cancer on this forum.  And you ruin this place with your presence.  If we were to conduct a poll right now asking if you should be permabanned, I'm am 100% positive that the results would be overwhelmingly in favor of that option.

I can the same thing about you and Microsoft, and to be clear, I don't have any ******** alternate accounts. Jesus Christ.

No actually you couldn't.

In fact, I CHALLENGE you to visit any of my previous posts and find some evidence that backs your hate filled claims. You always smear anyone who speaks against you, claiming they are a fanboy for one company or another. That's the hate filled, knee-jerk reaction of console bigot.

Meanwhile you have made it your JOB to post in every sony related topic you can find. Not only do you post in those topics, most of which are troll topics, you also defend SONY products as if it is your job. (Which it probably is sony viral). Notice how quickly you descended on this thread? You only arrived after someone called it a troll topic. (which it is)

No one should ever take your opinion seriously. Not only that everyone here should be suspicious of your actions and your presence on this forum. (everyone with half a brain)

And last but not least; here we are after only your second post in this topic and you've already resorted to vulgarity. That's very classy. Obviously the mods no longer care about the rules they once established regarding civility and proper conduct on this forum. Otherwise you probably would have been banned long ago.

Honestly your ban is long overdue. The fact that you haven't been banned yet has made me loose some respect for the MODs and Admins of this forum. Why they would let a cancer like you continue to destroy this place is beyond my understanding.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I dont know what is the big hype about psp games, (Im talking about that big titles), I have a computer 2 ghz 1 gb ram 256 mb graphic card (it is bit old but I can play few hits )
psp major hits like GTA ok gta 1 on pc was fun but later gta's wouldn't that fun for me. NFS ,I could play eaven most wanted on my PC on high details but
nfs is boring for me too. Dungeon siege (one of psp hits) for me eaven on pc with high details it always was boring as hell (neverwinter nights and gothic will always rule
biggrin.gif
). But DS - take first game
Professor Layton and the Curious Village for example, it is pure gameplay masterpiece, typicall game that shows that graphic is not all you need for gameplay. Really If I would like to play latest titles with high graphics I'd choose x-box 360 not a psp , and as economicall choose I would rather choose ps 2 than psp (better graphic than psp and more hits like "shadow of collossus" or "onimusha" . I know that god of war will be on psp but trully I doubt it will be graphically as good as on ps2.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ZeWarrior, you are the biggest SONY fanboy on this forum. It should come as a no surprise that you would be the first to defend this troll thread. (Or any troll thread that promote a sony product.)

I also wouldn't be surprised if this topic was created by one of your alts. You are a cancer on this forum. And you ruin this place with your presence. If we were to conduct a poll right now asking if you should be permabanned, I'm am 100% positive that the results would be overwhelmingly in favor of that option.

I can the same thing about you and Microsoft, and to be clear, I don't have any ******** alternate accounts. Jesus Christ.

No actually you couldn't.

In fact, I CHALLENGE you to visit any of my previous posts and find some evidence that backs your hate filled claims. You always smear anyone who speaks against you, claiming they are a fanboy for one company or another. That's the hate filled, knee-jerk reaction of console bigot.

Meanwhile you have made it your JOB to post in every sony related topic you can find. Not only do you post in those topics, most of which are troll topics, you also defend SONY products as if it is your job. (Which it probably is sony viral). Notice how quickly you descended on this thread? You only arrived after someone called it a troll topic. (which it is)

No one should ever take your opinion seriously. Not only that everyone here should be suspicious of your actions and your presence on this forum. (everyone with half a brain)

And last but not least; here we are after only your second post in this topic and you've already resorted to vulgarity. That's very classy. Obviously the mods no longer care about the rules they once established regarding civility and proper conduct on this forum. Otherwise you probably would have been banned long ago.

Honestly your ban is long overdue. The fact that you haven't been banned yet has made me loose some respect for the MODs and Admins of this forum. Why they would let a cancer like you continue to destroy this place is beyond my understanding.

Don't have the time to search pages and pages.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a PSP mainly for emulators. Tried some games and then I returned back to homebrew.

I use my DS for games, and my PSP for homebrew.

I couldn't find more than 5 good games on the PSP. Yeah, it has nice visuals, but nothing more. The DS has FAR more good games.

herbanassault

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

If you have a lot of games on your flashcard, you'll find that you keep switching between them every ten minutes and the next time you start up your DS you feel like you've played them all.
Which is exactly opposite to when you had to buy your own games. You focus on it untill you've finished it an and even go back to it a couple of times.

Everyone has it at one point or the other... It'll fade.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, Pirates Blues. Well put.

Sometimes I wish I bought my own games all the time, just because the art and manuals can sometimes get me into the games more than just the gameplay alone could.

Alas, that costs way too much fuckin' money.

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:

What I often do is just move everything of my sd card and then only put one game on there. I notice that if there are multiple games sometimes I'm more thinking about whether I should really play this game and not another one that is on my sd card than I'm concentrated on the game. Having one game on the card does wonders.
wink.gif

edit: and jesus christ, take you bloody flaming to another forum crygor. Seriously, bunch of babies.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, why all the hate?
Its true that ZWR is a bit of a fanboy but he's not as bad as you make him out to be.
I think you're just attacking him based on the fact that he's just a fanboy, not because of the content of his posts.

Although his posts are filled with the taint of fanboyism, he at least tries to present his opinions in a decent way.

Oh, and Crygor64, you've only been here a day and a half with only 165 posts.
How the hell you manage to be so opinionated is beyond me.

Quit the flaming guys.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I'm not a Fanboy I dunno what is it I go for good products, like I have a Wii, DS Lite, etc.

I just pointed out that I get bored playing with my DS, not matter what I play on it.

Today on school I played Layton but... I suck at it. It's not like I can't think, more of discordance... I can't concentrate.

Also another good thing is Using DSOrganize and hide the other games, and what I want to play, I don't hide, and it's just like that having 1 game at a time, but if I play that through, I can switch to another.

But like the PSP, there are great titles and have awesome visuals, for example I can play some TEKKEN 5, against my classmate, too, and that would be cool.

What more, I'm not flaming, I was against the PSP, I was happy with my DS home, I'm happy, too, but something has changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...