So these eShop rips...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by apoptygma, Sep 9, 2014.

1. apoptygma
    OP

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    How are they done? Is it a terribly involved process and unique to each title or is there a generic tool which strips the console-specific information? I'm guessing it's the former more than the later. I ask because I just saw the Zelda oracle GBC games are available and there's no scene roms of these titles (which is strange in itself because they were fairly popular in a culty kinda way)

2. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    If we knew everybody would be doing it, and then there would be a way found to stop it like most things.

cearp likes this.
  3. apoptygma
    OP

Mar 30, 2010
    Yea I was afraid that was the answer. I have some ideas about how to do it, probably not wise to post them.

4. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    If there's info on this site about how to rip 3DS and Wii games and such, why not?

5. apoptygma
    OP

Mar 30, 2010
    Fair call, do we already know a way to extract the (encrypted) title from a nand (emulated presumably) ? If so they you'd want to extract the same title from two separate consoles and then diff the two dumps to identify the console-specific code.

6. apoptygma
    OP

Mar 30, 2010
    Found a few other threads (most on maxconsole) where people discuss the method BBB are using. It's interesting but clearly no one is anywhere near even being able to extract the encrypted rom from an emulated nand. shame really.

7. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    It's possibly, and some of the tools that would help a lot are public, but just not a lot of people have the knowledge to follow through. But more progress on the scene is being made every day.

8. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I think it may be a matter of decrypting the NAND, along with... the contents on the SD card?

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Since it's encrypted, pretty much everything would be different.

10. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    nice topic