So, SysUpdater just crashed during my downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LiquidAudacity, Mar 5, 2016.

1. LiquidAudacity
    OP

LiquidAudacity GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Everything seems to be working and my n3ds is reporting the version as 9.2.0-20 but after a run of downgrade checker it seems that my NATIVE_FIRM isn't at the correct version. I'm wondering what would be the safest thing for me to do at this point. Should I just attempt it again? Thanks.

2. HariGp

HariGp GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    Your browser will most likely not work, so if you don't have Ninjhax/OOT3DHax and no other way to boot into HBL, then your only option is to enter recovery mode and update to latest firmware :/

3. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Happened to me last night, if you can still run SysUpdater then update back to whatever version you were on and attempt downgrade again. I upgraded to 10.3 and then back down to 9.2.. took many many many tries though (7 hours of rebooting and trying), most of hte time SysUpdater would give me back screen, others corrupted text, other CIA file errors.. eventually it worked though. Id say50 tries or so. My original error happened when trying to downgrade N3ds from 9.6 to 9.2

4. LiquidAudacity
    OP

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Actually, surprisingly enough it is working fine. I can use it to get right back to HBL.

5. HariGp

HariGp GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    Good. Now you can just run sysUpdater and just to attempt downgrade again, but if you want you can do what @Chrushev suggested :)

6. EddCase

EddCase Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2003
    I had the same issues when I was trying to downgrade my n3DS I eventually used SafeSysUpdater which worked first time.

7. HariGp

HariGp GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    He's better off using Julian's sysUpdater as it has some more stuff added that safesysUpdater doesn't have. But you can use safesysUpdater to check if your downgrade files are good, and then downgrade with julian's sysUpdater :)

8. LiquidAudacity
    OP

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    I actually tried SafeSysUpdater first and it immediately stopped after pressing downgrade. I'm stuck between upgrading to 10.3 first or just going for 9.2 again.

9. LiquidAudacity
    OP

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Luckily my second attempt went off without a hitch and it is now down to 9.2. My heart was in my throat the entire time. Now I'm just glad the worst of it is over. Thanks everyone.

FenrirWolf likes this.