Not open for further replies.

Aftcomet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's basically been a year now and there is still no hack. Does anyone find this surprising? The iPhones and iPads are hacked within days of release, yet all that's been available so far are a few ROM dumps. I know we should give it time but maybe Nintnedo made it extremely hard this time? Maybe we'll never see a hack?

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iPhones and stuff have barely changed security at all. I'm pretty sure the first one wasn't hacked this fast, but I wasn't watching that scene..
Still. The 3DS has completely new security (DSi hasn't been hacked either, hrm hrm) so it's going to take a while.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
iPhones and iPads already have the ability to have user-made code run on them in various forms (so testing can be done) the internal drive is accessible in disk or DFU mode, they have a much wider audence of people who know about the system in general already (due to the existnce of similar platforms and older OS versions for a few years), and they have very firm benefits to hacking them as far as usability (that is, not for playing games).

3DS? Does it's best to not let the user run anything, no direct access to the NAND, the audience is one that's dealing with a new unit and OS, and outside of running some code portably (for which there's other way easier methods, like a smartphone), there's not much practical use in hacking them.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...Apple is Nintendo after all. It makes sense that their security is 1:1 exact.
not really

I'm really going to start crying when people "jailbreak" their 3DS. I don't like Apple if you didn't get the hint.

Reactions: 2 people

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you plug your iPhone on your 3DS using the infrared port you can jailbreak and run PS3 games on it...

jk...

they are very diferent systems...

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in E3 they will show a hack, and if we are lucky they will tell us how to hack the Wii U too.

Edit: 100th Post, Finally my 3ds is hacked.

Reactions: 3 people

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically been a year now and there is still no hack. Does anyone find this surprising? The iPhones and iPads are hacked within days of release, yet all that's been available so far are a few ROM dumps. I know we should give it time but maybe Nintnedo made it extremely hard this time? Maybe we'll never see a hack?

Yea Ikr? Android is rooted in like hours, what gives? [/sarcasm]

Fucking.... ¬¬

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds hack that works and I'm not trolling I'm telling the truth its a hack that works I would post it but then nintendo would block it and that would suck because you could not use it but I might just post it because then you would beleve it if you get what I'm saying

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds hack that works and I'm not trolling I'm telling the truth its a hack that works I would post it but then nintendo would block it and that would suck because you could not use it but I might just post it because then you would beleve it if you get what I'm saying
Seems legit.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Gimme your address. I'll hop on my magical Unicorn-Delorean hybrid and be there in a few minutes.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I require proof.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically been a year now and there is still no hack. Does anyone find this surprising?
I'd be more surprised if we have had a hack by now.

Actually I expect an hack any day now as I've sold my 3DS (not because I didn't like or play on it I just got a really great price on it), it happened when I got rid of my PSP, 360, etc.

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I require proof.
I will post proof here on gba temp some day but not now like in a few days I will and make you all happy with a video showing proof

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Silly thread is silly, reported for locking. Currently the only method of hacking a 3DS is getting a hacksaw and hacking it. We have stickies for a reason, the day it's hacked it will be all over the internet.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

I require proof.
I will post proof here on gba temp some day but not now like in a few days I will and make you all happy with a video showing proof

I completely believe you, and I am waiting with bated breath to experience this awesome hack you have. Please, oh hackmaster, grace us with your awesome hacks, and lead us into the new age of piracy. All hail cherryw17 as our new lord and savior!

But seriously, stop it. No one believes you. At all.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu