YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i've been gone a month and there is alot of new homebrew on the scene here.

i've googeled and searched around to a few answers to these questions but can seem to get myself any so where better to ask than the knowledgeable gbatemp community
tongue.gif

i know that WADder is a program that lets you make custom homebrew channels without the risk of a banner brick?

softmii i can just about gather is like a custom firmware that lets you change the health warning screen (dont know if i saw somewhere that it can load backups from the disc channel) but it sounds good and i want to downgrade which i'll do in a minute just to try it out. i dont know where to get the stuff for softmii though unfortunately because google seems to hate me lol

preloader is something that lets you get to the homebrew channel upon boot.

i dont really understand at all what healthii is lol

also i've been running on 3.3E (on pal wii, i'd never change the region lol) for as long as i can remember but would anyone recommend me to downgrade and install starfall and all the 3.2 crap? it'll be the first time i've done it and i have guides and all the files ready even though i dont use em. i'm scared to brick the damn thing XD if i did it i wouldn't know how to upgrade to 3.3 again thats all
tongue.gif

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Softmii: custom Health screens, loading from disc channel, and more
Healthii: Create custom Health Screens like WADder.
WADder: create your own WADS with your images (they are resized)

And yes it's worth the downgrade

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cool well i've downgraded now and am on 3.2E just wondering if i need to install starfall if i'm going to install softmii?

also is it legal for anyone to give the link to softmii? or the guide on how to use it etc? also, 002 error gamma launcher wads with different banners, i like the one i got now but it doesnt work with the 002 error lol

thanks

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
With softmii 002 errors should be gone without any launcher
AND INSTALL PRELOADER FIRST IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM A LOT OF BRICKS

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
arg so confusing
tongue.gif

so i wont even need the backup gamma launcher when i install softmii? have they removed the need for cIOS now then too?

AND preloader 0.26 or 0.27? n i thought i read that softmii includes preloader 0.26 anyways? AND AND if i dont want the wii to boot to the HBC everytime i turn it on then can i stop that from happening? i take it that i can because it'd be silly not to include that... i just dont get what some otf the stuff on wiibrew means, like: added a setting to stop the disc when autoboot is disabled.

why would you want the disc to stop spinning if you wanna play a game from the system menu?? lol

sorry for all the questions
frown.gif
i've been gone too long i guess lol but i appreciate the help!

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mikeyt1998 said:
arg so confusing
tongue.gif

so i wont even need the backup gamma launcher when i install softmii?No have they removed the need for cIOS now then too? No Softmii patches the original IOSs to cIOSs. To uninstall update to a higher firmware

AND preloader 0.26 or 0.27? n i thought i read that softmii includes preloader 0.26 anyways?Yes it does (I forgot about that) AND AND if i dont want the wii to boot to the HBC everytime i turn it on then can i stop that from happening?Yes in settings menu i take it that i can because it'd be silly not to include that... i just dont get what some otf the stuff on wiibrew means, like: added a setting to stop the disc when autoboot is disabled.

why would you want the disc to stop spinning if you wanna play a game from the system menu?? lol

sorry for all the questions
frown.gif
i've been gone too long i guess lol but i appreciate the help!Your welcome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)