Homebrew So kernel access for >=9.3 is now possible?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So it's possible we will see GW support on the latest firmware then?

Probably, but I wouldn't expect anything from neither Gateway, nor the community for a while. We were given information, not code, so it'll take time to piece it all together.

mrolive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably, but I wouldn't expect anything from neither Gateway, nor the community for a while. We were given information, not code, so it'll take time to piece it all together.
Ah. I see. I guess all we have to do is sit and wait.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait, its possible to downgrade now? My friend really wants to downgrade his O3DS both 10.2 and 10.3.

Not right now, no, but new information was released today on how developers can get both ARM11 and ARM9 access, so eventually yes, it should be possible.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay cool. I am very excited when someone announces for downgrade release 9.3+.

I think I can safely say we're all excited (and probably relieved, heh). Just hang in there. We've waited this long, it shouldn't be too much longer before we see interesting things happen.

mrolive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I can safely say we're all excited (and probably relieved, heh). Just hang in there. We've waited this long, it shouldn't be too much longer before we see interesting things happen.

After this announcement I feel bad for anybody that bought they new Sky3DS+.

Reactions: Boogieboo6

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It's still situationally useful, providing easy access to Smashhax/Ninjhax/OoT3DHax, and half a year from now when all of the 10.3 and below units dry up in quantity, but right now, yeah, it wouldn't be the greatest investment.

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country

Why? I don't want to look like i'm butt hurt or anything (not like I am), but these are all PoC's and probably not going to resurface for a while, it's all smoke and mirrors until the mist clears and everyone realizes that nothing is being released instantly tomorrow. I don't regret my decision to buy my Sky3ds+, but no one should either.

I think we should all be glad that we have potential exploits and updated homebrew entrypoints, than joining in a hate bandwagon that holds practically no weight. No mean to act like a dick, but I've been seeing this statement everywhere.

Reactions: mungry

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm lost, what's the source of this and how do we know it will actually work?
It's all PoC presented at the conference smealum was at (CCC, I think it's called), and there's a ton of more threads that go over this, and if they are confident enough to present it, I have no doubt it would work.

Reactions: Gonchan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1