LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
here in europe the dsi will be really expencive... like a set with flashcard would me 220 euros and thats about 300 dollars !!!
so i tought why dont i order my dsi from the us from amazon.com ... but then i read that the dsi had a region security thingy like i cannot put an europian flashcard in an american dsi and also not in an japanese....

so that would mean that i would have to order an american flashcard too.. amazon dont sell flashcards
but then i found ''dealextreme.com''

my questions:
1.is dealextreme an american shop ... so if i order i would get an american flashcard
2.is this dealextreme reliable
3. wich card would be the best ?

EDIT : Oops title sayd 3 parts... well meant 2 parts

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Yes, DealExtreme is reliable and please search if you'd like to know which flashcarts are the best since there are many threads discussing that very same topic all over.

One thing you should realise is that the DSi is not region-locked for games so it won't matter where you obtain your flashcart from. Besides, flashcarts generally don't have regions.

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you mean dsiware ?

i guess that it will work (eventually) with some homebrew apps....

also... on a dutch site (i want to give it if you want but you cant read it probably) they make commercials right... and they list the new functions and 1 of those functions is : a new security against ''illegal games'' (as they say it) by region locked

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LivingToDie said:
so that would mean that i would have to order an american flashcard too.. amazon dont sell flashcards
but then i found ''dealextreme.com''

my questions:
1.is dealextreme an american shop ... so if i order i would get an american flashcard
2.is this dealextreme reliable
3. wich card would be the best ?

1.) Deal Extreme are based in HONG KONG

2.) Yes they are reliable but will take upto 2 weeks to get stuff from there but the savings outweigh the long wait
smile.gif

3.) Currently the AceKard 2i seems the best choice at the minute ... others are TTDSi and the R4i

( I would totally avoid the R4i as the R4 card is technically dead and buried now they are ALL CLONES!)

.. the TTDS are being cloned loads now too so maby avoid those too!

Flash cards other than CHINESE tend to be pretty much universal!

I would advise WAIT until the DSi hits Europe and see how it goes with current DSi flash cards to see if they have made any modifications that may require YET ANOTHER FLASH CARD re design!
frown.gif

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok so dealextreme is reliable and it is from hong kong

so what if.... dsi would play flashcards but the dsi would be region locked (like in europe)
and i would order an flashcard from dealextreme... will i get an NTSC flashcard ? or PAL or J ?

So to put it together
The Dsi would may be region locked
so if i buy 1 thing in ntsc i would have to buy the other in ntsc to

so if i buy like the dsi from amazon and the flashcard from dealextreme it would fit as both NTSC ??

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LivingToDie said:
ok so dealextreme is reliable and it is from hong kong

so what if.... dsi would play flashcards but the dsi would be region locked (like in europe)
and i would order an flashcard from dealextreme... will i get an NTSC flashcard ? or PAL or J ?

So to put it together
The Dsi would may be region locked
so if i buy 1 thing in ntsc i would have to buy the other in ntsc to

so if i buy like the dsi from amazon and the flashcard from dealextreme it would fit as both NTSC ??

PAL/NTSC does not apply to hand held consoles with built in screens!

It refers to screen refresh rates of TV sets that you play back consoles such as Wii/PS3/PS2 etc they display in PAL 50hz or NTSC 60hz depending on which region/country that the games from and the TV its displayed on
smile.gif

In the case of HAND HELDS they have a built in screen/screens and they all display the same resolution/refresh rate regardless of where in the world they are or from
smile.gif

The regional restrictions so far with DS do not apply... carts from anywhere in the world will/should work fine .... although with the DSi they may of or may implement some sort of regional restrictions to stop games/future games from other country's / downloadable content working on another country's DSi .....or may just restrict the download content which is more likely ...

but will not be classed or determined as PAL/NTSC locked!

FLASH CARDS however tend to be classed as either USA/EUROPEAN or CHINESE/ASIA with language supports for each and locked to that country but..... can be bypassed quite easy by hacking the firmware/loaders .... some cards (not sure about DSi cards) are ALL REGION with just the loader needed to be downloaded in the correct language
smile.gif

hope this makes some kinda sense ... the basics and point of this post is to state that handhelds are neither PAL nor NTSC due to the inbuilt screen and not external/TV!

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
let me explain... i live in europ and the prices here are ridicilous expensive... so i want to buy in the us (also the europian dsi IS REGION LOCKED... is confirmed and ive read it everywhere) so i want to know if the us dsi is region locked and if so will the ''games'' of dealextreme work ?

(btw. dont worry about the pal and ntsc thing
tongue.gif
you made it clear
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.