Hacking So I ordered a EZFIV

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had some dodgy experiences with save converting to ez4, but realistically it uses the same raw save format, the only difference being R4 padds out all its saves into 512kb (rather than the usual 256kb for ez excluding the odd game) thus the end 256kb needs to be cut off.

Hmm. Something weird. When I put a clean EBA rom into it to test it, I completed one stage and that was when I decided to put on my dave from my R4. I was having trouble getting it to recognise the save so I deleted the game AND the save data from my Mini SD and rewrote the same EBA rom. Loaded it up... and it STILL shows the save data where I completed the one stage. My only thought was that the save data must be stored on the actual EZF IV. So how do I get rid of it and make it recognise a lot of the saves from my R4?
the ez flash iv saves the last played rom on boot up, i have had this same problem, so lets say you hit save on a game and then turn it off, well its not really saved, to save you need to turn your ds back on and your ez flash iv will give a saving message, (the chinese thing is because its set to chinese by default, you have to change it to english), you then can turn it off and transfer the saves, unlike the R4 which saves right away, a ez flash iv you need to turn your ds off and then back on for it to save, its a hassle since you need to power your ds back on just to save.
I'm not too bothered. I had an M3 CF which only saves AFTER you turn it back on after playing. But I'm still tearing my hair out over how it won't recognise a Save that I converted to EZFIV that I copied and pasted into the SAVER folder (with the same filename as the DS rom)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not too bothered. I had an M3 CF which only saves AFTER you turn it back on after playing. But I'm still tearing my hair out over how it won't recognise a Save that I converted to EZFIV that I copied and pasted into the SAVER folder (with the same filename as the DS rom)
I have the opposite problem. I can't convert EZF4 saves to M3 CF saves. Fortunately it's just a few games, so I can always steal the EZF4 from my brother and finish them
nyanya.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the opposite problem. I can't convert EZF4 saves to M3 CF saves. Fortunately it's just a few games, so I can always steal the EZF4 from my brother and finish them
nyanya.gif
Ah yes, how is the M3 CF treating you?.

PS. Still need help with EZF IV save problem...

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a hassle since you need to power your ds back on just to save.

Uhm, how is turning your DS on again a hassle? You do realize that the save will stay in the battery backed memory until you use your EZ4 again (or the battery tanks), yes? It's not like the Supercard where you have to quick power cycle (for GBA saves).

As for save help...

1) I know it was said your save has the same name as the ROM, but be absolutely sureand that your are copying them to the saver folder on the SD.
2) Clean ROM's were mentioned... Are patching them w/ EZ4 Client or just copying straight to SD?
3) To get rid of the save in the battery backed memory play another game. The EZ4 doesn't load the save from the SD if there is already one in the battery backed memory for the ROM in question. Likewise, it doesn't save the save in battery backed memory to the SD if it thinks it already has...

So you want an R4 Brain Training save on your EZ4... Play something on the EZ4 that isn't Brain Training, THEN copy the save to the SD ensuring the the names of the files are exactly the same barring the .sav/.ds extensions. This way when Brain Training is played the next time you can be sure that it loaded the save from the SD rather then one in battery backed RAM and that the save you copied from your R4 is not overwritten by one stored in the EZ4's battery backed RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone