so I installed starfall

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by robman62, Dec 12, 2008.

Dec 12, 2008

so I installed starfall by robman62 at 4:24 AM (1,883 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. robman62
    OP

Member robman62 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What exactly does it do?

Can I play new games without updating?

Does this mean I do not have to brickblock isos anymore?

what does it actually do..

2. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    It lets you play games without needing to update and also adds a recovery menu if you brick your wii.

3. Ivoire

Newcomer Ivoire Advanced Member

United States
    It does a number of things, the best ( IMO ) is removing the Health & Warning Screen. That black screen asking you to hit A every time you turn it on? Oh, the anti-brick stuff is cool too, don't get me wrong. Haha.

Taken from Wiibrew.

4. SanGor

Member SanGor Witchhunter

United States
    wow you managed to install it without looking at the screen or what ? [​IMG]

5. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm surprised he figured out the button press... B+1 instead of B+2....

lol...

-Kitt050383

6. robman62
    OP

United States
    I read that but I wanted a more thorough explaination of what skip disk update check meant, I thoght it had to do with something else, also its funny I had to hold the B+ whatever button for so long before it worked, and I was pressing the one that it told me to press in the full read out not the one at the bottom, so I thought i was doing it wrong

7. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    If you really dont know what you are installing on the wii, you had better stop while you are ahead. Even starfall, an extremely reputable app, could brick your wii. Make sure that you know all the details beforehand.

8. robman62
    OP

United States

I knew what I was doing, I just as stated earlier wanted a better description of what I was getting, also I had advisers in the more helpful members of this site.

9. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Actually Edgedancer's reply is the most helpful. Unfortunately you won't appreciate it until you start your next topic which will probably be along the lines of "I installed xxxxxxx and my Wii won't work".

10. robman62
    OP

United States
    Actually you are completely wrong, I do not just go around installing things on my wii, I have homebrew for ONE thing....the only reason I installed starfall was because I dont want family/friends coming over and installing things on my wii and bricking it, and having no recourse. please stop assuming I am just some idiot only because I want something more than a vague sentence to describe something that is otherwise refered to as a savior for those who have had bricked wiis, because you are making an *** of yourself.

11. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Dude. stop being such an arrogant N00b.
    You do know what rank difference between you and Edgedancer's, right?
    So stop being a an arrogant son of a *****. He's only giving you a forewarning, and the way you sound when you make this topic really makes you sound like a friggin n00b.

Come on, you installed starfall and you don't know what it does?? Sounds like a n00b to me.

12. Edgedancer

Australia
    Robman62, I was not trying to flame you but I ws using it as a warning. From what you asked, it sounded like you installed the software without understanding the full implications of what you had done.
    Everyone else, give him a break. It is easy to make a mistake like that and I have no hard feelings. We were all noobs at one point or another after all.
    afif95, FYI, the ranks mean nothing on this forum. Just because I have a higher rank does not mean I am a great guy (even though I am [​IMG] . Some of the most immauture peple on the forum have high ranks but act like idiots.

13. robman62
    OP

United States
    Edgedancer I had no problem with your post it was Lazycus's post I did not like, I mean everyone on this board says "INSTALL STARFALL" and sometimes if something has all good reviews, you get it before you get a chance to see what it actually does but yea....now I know what it does I wouldnt go installing random crap because one dude says its cool

14. afif95

Malaysia
    By the way, how can we actually brick the Wii by installing Starfall?

15. Edgedancer

Australia
    Anything you install onto the wii can brick it. Starfall actually edits some of the settings of the file structure and if the console is turned off during installation, you have a pretty much guaranteed brick wii.

robman62, understand mate. I can tell now that you are not a noob and I am sure that lazycus can as well but in all honesty, with all the news of the wii being softmodded it has greatly increased the amount of people that want free games without doing any research in the first place.

16. afif95

Malaysia
    edgedancer, agreed.

Was upset about somebody and converted my rage into the rant i put there.

Sorry rob, maybe you ain't a noob. and welcome to the Wii hacking club!

17. shondark

Newcomer shondark Newbie

Antarctica
    One question. What choices do you usually install?

I tend to install the whole pack except
    * Replace healthwarning with backmenu
    because I remember someone saying that can give problems if you need to recover from a brick..

18. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    I guess all of you need to chill out and come down , ok rob installed Starfall cause all over the forum we said best settings is 3.2 with Starfall , rob should have searched a little bet about the app even after installation , but he actually made a new thread as a Question , can we please either tell him where to go for an answer , or give him the answer , since we are here to help each other and not to flame each others , and by the way all of you use the word (noob) and I guess when you first register with 0 post all should of thought of you as (noob)??? come on guys let's set a better example to all that we are here to help and work together please , thanks

PS: Starfall Brick Wii , a chance of hardly will happen cause the system will not power off for any reason through installation ( unless major city block out ) other than that it take less than 2 seconds to apply all hacks , thanks again

19. Edgedancer

Australia
    Uh... BIG MOE, maybe you didn't read all the posts because there is no more anger in this topic. Relax man.

20. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    I'm cool buddy , just wanted to be sure that you guys have cooled off , and you are a cool guy in my book but they went of the hook on the poor guy for no reason , and we should be better people here [​IMG] peace man to all , regards