Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
MW2: I was hooked once I heard that one of the storylines presented was America being invaded by Russia. The Washington DC levels... fucking brilliant. The environment was surreal and awesome, I just loved it to death... and once the heli crashed... oh shit. It was nice tip-toeing through a powerless DC after the EMP, in the dark cold rain with your squad. Backtracking a bit, playing as Soap in Brazil and running across rooftops to get away from the enemy mob, amazing. Just so many vibrant environments and locations, I loved the semi-scripted moments!
Too bad they spoiled those particular missions in DC in the trailers and commercials. Still, it did have some effect, but I wish I had been surprised rather than see it on TV. That was the high point of the game IMO.

As for the missions in Brazil, the almost missing the jump thing was totally about to be overused already, but they made it different so... It was better. I think I like MW1 a whole lot more in this case, since MW2 was totally over the top. Also, the multiplayer was messy, boring, and glitchy when I made the transition from MW1 to MW2(I barely touched World at War's MP). So in my case, I'd be one of those the one before that was better kind of person.

Still, I have to try Black Ops. I'm rather interested in how they incorporated Reznov into the story. I don't know about the multiplayer though, but at least they have dedis back.

Klx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked this COD more than the other ones.
i just want to add my 2 cents but i think halo is just a piece of overrated shit. Fear and Fear 2 have way better story and the game play is more enjoyable to me.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Martin, I'm not sure having a fanbase full of conceited assholes is good...

Also, your name is impossible to post. It gives me a BBCode error.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Martin, I'm not sure having a fanbase full of conceited assholes is good...

Also, your name is impossible to post. It gives me a BBCode error.
Well, that was just a small generalization. There are asshole fans in every online game, from Gears to Maplestory to the next Sesame Street MMO.

Yeah, my name is sooo fucked.
frown.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
You shoot
You die
You respawn.

rinse and repeat.

Thats pretty much there is to it.

Hey, we all have different preferences, no need to force each other's beliefs down one another's throat.
Just accept theirs and hope they accept yours.

I know why people like this game but its not going to make me like it too. I just dont give a fuck about it.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh I'm not all that impressed, but I don't usually like FPS. I was attempting to play it and my uncle got really ticked off at me and threw a fit as I didn't think the TV was very loud at all and he was watching a show (not like it was a big deal, he's recording it too). Guess I shouldn't be playing video games until I get my own place because it will bother him. All he had to say was to mute the TV instead of throwing a huge hissy fit. I don't exactly have a room so it's to be expected. I think I may have to hold off on console games until I move out in a couple of years. I didn't care for the game so I stopped playing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol