so i dusted off my psp

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by sb1, May 1, 2014.

1. sb1
    OP

sb1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    not follow this for time i have 6.35 promod-c is this there a better firmware to use now i have a psp 3000 model 04g ?

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    outside of firmware compability with certain games, i think theres no difference between any of the 6.x firmwares
    theres cfw for the most recent one, 6.60, but if theres no game that asks you for an upgrade first, theres no reason to go through the trouble of updating.

3. sb1
    OP

sb1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    ok thanks will leave as then

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Besides upgrading for PSP game compatibility, upgrading will give you access to the PSN, and give you access to another version of POPS. If those don't matter to you, then there's no reason to upgrade. The 6.60 version of POPS I've had the least amount of problems with. It's still not perfect, a few games will have slow downs and whatnot, but POPSLoader gives you the best of everything.

5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    right, the psn, i didnt really thing about that.
    is there anything interesting for someone with a hacked psp though?

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    There's good games on there in my opinion. I do prefer hard copies, though, so it just depends on the person. Also, the PSX games off of there have far less problems than ones we repackage ourselves, though I haven't seen that many bugs with 6.60 POPS and POPSLoader is all you really need to fix buggy games. It just comes down to what you prefer.