Hacking Question So do I need to update?

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but...

Im trying to play a new game and its telling me I have to update my Switch. My current switch version is 5.1.0 and Im using SXOS.

What do I do?

Also Im already banned if that matters.

Last edited by burial,

Scitzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..... either update your switch, or install the file as an nsp with ignore fw requirement enabled. (This last suggestion may or may not work, but its worth trying before a full system update).

From many of these posts its becoming apparent why so many are getting banned.

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..... either update your switch, or install the file as an nsp with ignore fw requirement enabled. (This last suggestion may or may not work, but its worth trying before a full system update).

From many of these posts its becoming apparent why so many are getting banned.

Thanks, but could you point me in the right direction? I havent updated at all since having SXOS so Im a bit lost.

wizball1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Update to 6.1. Every game runs fine on this. Some game updates still require you to select the "ignore firmware" option in Tinfoil. Other than this, its the sweet spot at the moment. Do backup your NAND first.

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like I need Choidujor and a copy of a OFW.....is that all? but I noticed in the the tuts/vids I saw none of them were using SXOS but were using ReiNX, etc. so can I use SXOS or not?

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to carry on using SXOS then wait it out a while longer, 6.2 isn’t currently supported on SXOS :)
Well shit lol

Guess I have to wait....

Im actually surprised the 2 games Im trying to play even need a system update....they arent big games or Nintendo games.

wizball1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So it seems like I need Choidujor and a copy of a OFW.....is that all? but I noticed in the the tuts/vids I saw none of them were using SXOS but were using ReiNX, etc. so can I use SXOS or not?

Im using SXOS. There is a guide on the TE website.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
If you go on team executor forum there’s a really easy guide for updating withchoiddujour nx and sxpro google it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over