ROM Hack Snivy in Pokemon pearl?

movieguy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I was wondering what all hacks are able to be done in the ds version games of Pokemon ? My main goal was to add a snivy as a Pokemon I start the game with. But also still be able to choose a starter. I did this ruby but was curious if it could be done with the ds versions? If so how? Thanks

riceball7852

A person with a life.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible, but you will have to 'disguise' one of the Pearl Version starters as Snivy. Ex. Using Turtwig, changing it's battle(front and back) and pokedex sprite, and movesets will make it possible. As for the movesets, you'll have to get alternatives for moves like Leaf Storm and Leaf Tornado, because they don't exist in Pearl version attack move library. As far from trading with HG/SS/D/P/Plt, they will only see Snivy as Turtwig due to the game core's identification code for each Pokemon.

movieguy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the first person you clearly didnt read correctly thanks anyways. To the second. Yea that's what I didn't want to do lol. In ruby I used one of the 25 free slots and added snivy (except his icon, can't seem to get that part) and I set up a script to where as soon as I start the game I already have snivy plus am able to choose a starter. But could I replace any pokenon maybe a less desirable Pokemon to make room for snivy? I wouldn't want to replace a starter...maybe I could make it to where a person gives me a snivy? Much like how people hack the games and make it so they give you a Pokemon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.