Homebrew Snesds?

Zoro11031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've tried the methods of getting Snesds to work on a slot 1 card, and it won't work. I've tried using the converter included, renaming it to snesds.nds, and I even downloaded one from this site that was already working with Slot 1 cards. Basically, when I load a rom or select a folder, it sends my cursor back to the top. When I try again, I get a white top screen and a black bottom screen. I'm using a Cyclo DS Evolution. Does any one know what's wrong?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely use SNEmulDS for your slot-1 device. However, if you still want to try to get SNES DS working, there's a much better way to use it than the DLDI-enabled version. You want to package a single game into the *.nds file itself, which will let you apply speedhacks and freezing glitches.

I've included instructions in the ReadMe.txt file of http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/nesDS_s...slot1_usage.zip

Zoro11031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I took you guys advice and used SNEMULDS, and it does everything I want it to (except there's no box around in-game text!
mad.gif
) But, aside from that, it's great.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Zoro11031 said:
Ok I took you guys advice and used SNEMULDS, and it does everything I want it to (except there's no box around in-game text!
mad.gif

you can try playing with layers and you may be able to get the box to display

Zoro11031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdofu said:
Zoro11031 said:
mad.gif

you can try playing with layers and you may be able to get the box to display
Already tried that (it's how I got the text to display at all)

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah graphic layering is a major flaw when dealing with snes emulation on the ds and unless some major breakthrough happens I don't see it going away

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The layering isn't even that much of a kill. No, the problem with SNES emulation on DS is more the graphical glitches within the layers (garbled graphics), speed issues, and non-working roms. I'd gladly deal with layering issues if the other issues were solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c