Snesds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Zoro11031, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Zoro11031
    OP

Zoro11031 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    So, I've tried the methods of getting Snesds to work on a slot 1 card, and it won't work. I've tried using the converter included, renaming it to snesds.nds, and I even downloaded one from this site that was already working with Slot 1 cards. Basically, when I load a rom or select a folder, it sends my cursor back to the top. When I try again, I get a white top screen and a black bottom screen. I'm using a Cyclo DS Evolution. Does any one know what's wrong?

2. OneMichael

OneMichael Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    Canada
    Manitoba, Canada
    I've got a CycloDS as well, and I'm sure I was having troubles with it as well. I use SneMulDS, now.

3. stormwolf18

stormwolf18 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 25, 2006
    Canada
    SnemulDS > Snesds

4. Gumble

Gumble Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2005
    Canada
    Aaaye second this!

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Definitely use SNEmulDS for your slot-1 device. However, if you still want to try to get SNES DS working, there's a much better way to use it than the DLDI-enabled version. You want to package a single game into the *.nds file itself, which will let you apply speedhacks and freezing glitches.

I've included instructions in the ReadMe.txt file of http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/nesDS_s...slot1_usage.zip

6. xxRAG3

xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 6, 2009
    United States
    SnesDS works for me on my cyclo. Did you redownload the .nds?

7. Zoro11031
    OP

Zoro11031 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    Ok I took you guys advice and used SNEMULDS, and it does everything I want it to (except there's no box around in-game text! [​IMG] ) But, aside from that, it's great.

8. hdofu

hdofu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    USA
    you can try playing with layers and you may be able to get the box to display

9. Zoro11031
    OP

Zoro11031 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    Already tried that (it's how I got the text to display at all)

10. hdofu

hdofu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    USA
    yeah graphic layering is a major flaw when dealing with snes emulation on the ds and unless some major breakthrough happens I don't see it going away

11. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    The layering isn't even that much of a kill. No, the problem with SNES emulation on DS is more the graphical glitches within the layers (garbled graphics), speed issues, and non-working roms. I'd gladly deal with layering issues if the other issues were solved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice