Snes9x GX 4.3.2 problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by RchUncleSkeleton, Feb 16, 2013.

1. RchUncleSkeleton
    OP

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    I am having a problem when playing only Harvest Moon if I open the menu and hit reset it just gives a black screen and nothing else happens until I go back to the main menu of the emulator. Neither the emulator or console freeze as I can still bring up and access the main menu and save states etc. Harvest Moon is the only game I've found which does this, though I haven't done extensive testing for every rom.

I have tried 3 roms all from different sources and they all do the same thing.

I've also backed up and deleted all save and save state files and cheat files for the game. I went ahead and downloaded and manually installed the emulator again thinking perhaps something went wrong with the last auto update but to no avail.

I also noticed that the emulator is not creating a new settings.xml file when I run it and there is no file for the settings yet the settings are still intact when I exit then restart the emulator.

I haven't tried using older versions yet and I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced or can replicate this problem.

EDIT: The settings.xml file was being created on the USB hard drive for some reason so I just deleted the apps folder on the HD and it created it on the sd card this time. The resetting issue still persists though.

EDIT 2: Tested the game on the PC version of SNES9x and the problem is present. I rolled back to an older version (pre 1.53 core) and it works fine.

2. strai

strai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2013
    United States
    Try RetroArch. I think the snes is based on Snes9x 1.52

3. RchUncleSkeleton
    OP

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    Thanks, I may go back to an older version of SNES9x GX based on 1.52 as I have now found that it's an actual problem with the original emulator SNES9x. I tried it on my PC and the same thing happens, it black screens when resetting the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice