Snes SuperCIC + 60HZ question.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted my snes with a supercic and hit an odd problem. Donkey kong 3 the first time I tried it, gave an error saying it won't run on unauthorised copy devices or something like that. Far as I know the supercic was supposed to be 100% compatible. Tried the game again and it ran fine. So just wondering if it's a bug in the supercic, happened to anyone else? and is it likely to occur a lot? or could it have been caused by the game not being fully in (had lid off to make sure all was fine).

60hz mode. According to what I read online, most pal games run full speed + full screen when the console is set to 60hz and the ones that do not will give graphic errors etc (like starfox). So far I've tried plok and that does not open up to full screen, street fighter 2, ryu animation is full screen, game is not and donkey kong country 3 , game is full screen.

Do certain games simply not open up? and only enjoy the speed benefit and nothing else?

Thanks.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Full screen issue solved. Apparently it was a crap tv. Plok is full screen on my better crt, so are the others I tried. I don't think the cheap nasty tv likes the switch from 50hz to 60hz while the console is on. Street fighter apparently always has borders in game, engine/console limitation.

Haven't seen the message with donkey kong again either, so hopefully the cart just wasn't in fully or something.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The message in donkey kong 3 is a software region check... upon boot the game check if it's running at 60hz (if the game is ntsc) or 50hz (for pal version) and if it's not displays the message, same thing for metroid/mario all star.

EDIT: wrong message... -_-, unauthorized device message sometimes happens if the contacts are dirty...

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh right, the supercic switches to 60HZ after 9 seconds to get around that check, so donkey kong would have started in 50Hz anyway, before switching. Must have been dirty contacts then, haven't seen that message since and it did go away after reinserting the cart. I'll have to go through and clean my games as they have been sitting around for a while.

First time I've ever seen it. So thanks for the info on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8