Hacking SNES Emulator For DSTwo

Petersen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering buying the Supercard Dstwo, solely for the SNES Emulator. As this is my only reason for puchasing this item, could you please tell me the "How To" as far as using the emulator on my DSiXL, and whether or not this item is worth purchasing "just" for portable SNES Rom play.

Here is the site i will buy from: http://www.gamekool....-3ds-p-340.html has anyone bought from gamekool before? this DStwo is Reliable and genuine?

-Thank You

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the DStwo mainly for that and the GBA emulator but I was a little disapointed by them to be honest. It is a reliable enough card for regular DS games or even the NES emulator, & i've never had issues with mine besides the fact that part of the metalic sticker peeled off and exposed a little bit of the CPU, but it hasn't damaged my card at all.

SNES compatability can be a bit hit or miss, especially for the more graphic intensive games (Mode 7). So if you JUST want SNES emulation, I'd say no, but I have a PSP that I use for SNES emulation anway, but that isn't to say that someone else wouldn't have a different opinion on the matter. Either way, I am not disapointed with my purchase at all since I quite enjoyed the large library of DS games that could be found online.

Never heard of that site so I can't comment on that. I bought mine at 0shippingzone and had no problems.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If your main point is SNES emulation, I really recommend a PSP instead. I've got a DSTwo and a PSP, and the PSP is far better for SNES, it plays all the games I've tossed at it (even star fox), almost every game runs at full speed (star fox being an obvious exception), no graphical glitches due to scaling, it's just all-around better.

If you still wanna' go with the DSTwo, then yeah that that looks fine. People here have mentioned that site a few times, and fake DSTwos are unheard of in the wild, likely due to production costs.

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Think about it like this...
If you were to go buy a Nintendo DS game from Wal-Mart you would most likely pay $40 or more with tax for a single game.

I assume that you already have a Nintendo DS flash cartridge of some kind.
However, Do you have two just in case one stops working & you need a backup or if you want to play a game with a friend or family member?

I have many different Nintendo DS flash cartridges.
"R4 Original, R4i 3DS Gold, DSTWO, M3DS Real, M3 Perfect SD Slim & A few others on the slow boat from China." :D
I don't regret buying any of them & I paid over $100 for the M3 Perfect SD Slim "Slot 2" a few years ago.
"At this point I actually enjoy collecting them."

Anyway, What I'm trying to say is I don't see where you could go wrong by just going & buying a DSTWO.

"Well, Maybe one thing could go wrong..." :(

My DSTWO was bought from RealHotStuff.Com by my fiancée for me as a Chrismas present & they leaked her credit card information to people who committed fraud by buying something for $1 at AT&T then trying to buy almost $800 in satellite equipment in europe.
So, Be careful who you buy from & in my opinion it is best to only by from people who accept PayPal that way you know that your credit card information is safe.

Spencer

:yaynds:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
could you please tell me the "How To" as far as using the emulator on my DSiXL, and whether or not this item is worth purchasing "just" for portable SNES Rom play.

bassacegold released an unofficial update to the snes emu that has better support. then cat released some updates to BAG's emu. so you might want to check those out.

BAGSFC r3
CATSFC v1.1

but in regards to the official emu, check out my review supplement. it will answer a lot of your questions.

-another world

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you need further help setting up your DSTWO and downloading the emulators for it,, you can use FlashcartHelper (in my signature) to quickly download the files needed to run your cart. It should be easy enough to use, and it'll download the latest DSTWO firmware, as well as plugins, including the latest CATSFC (the SNES emulator for the DSTWO). All you gotta do after that is drag the downloaded files to your microSD.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I buy it just for SNES emu? No. That said, with CatSFC it is the best the SNES will be on a DS/3DS, being much better then snemul. For the specifics, +1 to everybody else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-