Hacking SNES Edition.. What firmware is it?

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi , today I was looking for a New Nintendo 3ds XL to install cfw on because I really want to have a cfw'd 3ds , and I came across the New Nintendo 3ds XL SNES Limited Edition I really liked it and wanted to know which Firmware it had because putting CFW on a 9.0.0-11.3.0 firmware 3ds is the easiest for me to do , please reply if you know..

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , today I was looking for a New Nintendo 3ds XL to install cfw on because I really want to have a cfw'd 3ds , and I came across the New Nintendo 3ds XL SNES Limited Edition I really liked it and wanted to know which Firmware it had because putting CFW on a 9.0.0-11.3.0 firmware 3ds is the easiest for me to do , please reply if you know..
Minimum firmware would be 11.4 also you can use an ntrboothaxed card but I don't think it is worth it in my opinion

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Minimum firmware would be 11.4 also you can use an ntrboothaxed card but I don't think it is worth it in my opinion
thanks for replying, , I don't think I am going for the SNES edition than , I'll just put a skin on a black one lol
At bare minimum, expect it to be at least 11.4, no lower.
thanks for replying

Last edited by Kaan3DS,

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand.
What about ntrboot isn't worth it?
It's cheap and safe, and it works on every firmware version and hardware. Not to mention you get an NDS flashcart as a bonus.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what?? The 3DS got so wide open hacked that even newer handhelds with new firmware are compromised?? That's great news!! I ordered the SNES edition one thinking that I still would have to use my OG handheld for emulators.

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what?? The 3DS got so wide open hacked that even newer handhelds with new firmware are compromised?? That's great news!! I ordered the SNES edition one thinking that I still would have to use my OG handheld for emulators.
Indeed. Due to a hardware exploit in the bootrom, every 3DS of any firmware is hackable.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine was 11.4, hacked fine with ntrboot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well the thing is I really don't wanna spend more for just a flashcart and it's more difficult for me , thanks for replying tho
It is extremely simple. All you need is a one time setup of a ntrboot capable card, and a magnet. That's it. b9s in 10 seconds.

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
awesome , I will hack with ntrboot as well , if it is going to be still available till December because I am going to buy it in December

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome , I will hack with ntrboot as well , if it is going to be still available till December because I am going to buy it in December
Ntrboot will always be available.
Existing systems will always be exploitable and it's unlikely Nintendo will patch it out of future models this late.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you are in Europe, grab it soon, for I really doubt that you be able to find it in two months.
The American version will be available in late November as an Amazon exclusive, but I do not know if Amazon EU will offer it too.
I prefer the European colour scheme, though.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will most likely have 11.4 or higher meaning that there is no easy way to mod it though you could still use ntrboothax if you are willing to pay another 20$

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it will most likely have 11.4 or higher meaning that there is no easy way to mod it though you could still use ntrboothax if you are willing to pay another 20$
yeah but not only that I'm gonna spend another 20$ for 32gb micro sd for the console to download much of Freeshop :D

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but not only that I'm gonna spend another 20$ for 32gb micro sd for the console to download much of Freeshop :D
first of all i suggest the new 2ds xl its cheaper and i personally think it looks better there only 150$ +40 cart and sd 190 is not that bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night