longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
i can even boot a completely fresh (minimal files, =no ioses installed, needs an update from ninty or via wads) nand copy thats made with nus downloader. it goes through the settings and then locks up at health screen.
that's what happens to me with a virgin nand freezes after press A screen can see it accessing the hard drive but then nothing so I just used a 4.2 nand and striped it down with showmiiwads so just the needed IOS's are there and then update it cause it works well with 4.3 you can also add extra hacks to es/Smenu.c for you're region

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
waited 15 mins and nothing can access the game and region menu by pressing start on the gc pad or 1 on the wiimote and can select a game and the hdd is reading the banner and stuff cause I can see the activity light flashing away why only on a virgin nand

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY said:
Try to delete the file diconfig.bin and boot again. You can find it in the sneek folder on your hdd.

well that worked, however it defaults to eur, and i need usa. everytime i change the setting it locks up on me. strange way to lock, the remote stays synced, and the menu continues normally, disc channel spins music plays, but no cursor and no response from machine, even pressing reset does nothing.

what the hell is happening and how can i fix it? maybe copying a different diconfig.bin?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think sneek does not like my hdd. is there a limit on the partition size for sneek? i have a full 1tb fat32 partition.

i got an older rev of uneek (r83) and i got it to boot using my 2gb flash drive. but the latest using sneek installer does not work, and that is for any flavor of sneek. even just the sd sneek does not work, i hate when revs come out they always break things, that is to say they fix things as well but can cause headaches in the process.

anyway, any got any hints to make this work with my 1tb hdd? i can boot sneek+di, but when it writes or reads the diconfig.bin it locks up hard.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afaik 1TB is too large for SNEEK and about that normal SNEEK doesn't work anymore assure that you read the FAQ COMPLETLY especially this part:
QUOTE said:
•if you want to use SNEEK without DI assure that there is no di.bin in the root folder, as SNEEK will load it when found, and if you didn't apply the patch to use DI this will cause a freeze.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SanGor said:
afaik 1TB is too large for SNEEK and about that normal SNEEK doesn't work anymore assure that you read the FAQ COMPLETLY especially this part:
QUOTE said:
•if you want to use SNEEK without DI assure that there is no di.bin in the root folder, as SNEEK will load it when found, and if you didn't apply the patch to use DI this will cause a freeze.

The size 1TB can't be the problem. I have 2 HDD's I use for Wii stuff both 1TB with 1 partition formatted fat 32 and they both work fine with SNEEK+DI.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course i read that and deleted the files from the root. current rev seems broken for me.

im pretty sure i screwed up and used 64k cluster size which is causing the problem. im going to reformat (after 12 hours of transferring) and make sure its 32k clusters.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
of course i read that and deleted the files from the root. current rev seems broken for me.

im pretty sure i screwed up and used 64k cluster size which is causing the problem. im going to reformat (after 12 hours of transferring) and make sure its 32k clusters.

Try building a barebones NAND (just IOS needed for system menu+system menu+setting.txt) for testing, it'll save you a lot of time in file copying! Once you get it to work with that (be patient it takes a while the first time!) you should be good to go

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh oh, i just got home to find out, that i cannot specify a cluster size using easeus partition manager. what the hell do i do? it also seems like fat32 over 32gb will have a 32k cluster size...EDIT I got it, once you create the partition it uses 64k, but if you select the format option it lets you use 32k. gonna test soon, this better work!

goddamn i hate this crap sometimes.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
goddamn i hate this crap sometimes.
laugh.gif
I feel ya bro.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks choked...now i got it working, sneek di and uneek. of course the current r106 doesnt work, so im using an r83 i found on the nets. it loads, but when i use a corp'd nand it fails when loading a disc. not that much of a problem as i plan on using a big sd card to use sneek di so i can load it with my dlc.

heres the next problem...my beatles rockband dongles aren't lighting up when i boot the emulated nand, are there any tricks to using rock band instruments on sneek? this applies to both uneek and sneek di. im not sure of the sneek di rev i have, but i made it probably about a month or so ago.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've read that enabling SD card for application may corrupt FS on SD.
Want to try to figure out on which level it may happen. On file system access level, or on SD card lowlevel access (i.e. read/write sectors). Second will be hard to fix, while first one is relatively easy to avoid.
I'm working on SNEEK which uses SD card with 2 partitions. One of partition will be used exclusively for NAND emulation while other will be used by applications just like normal SD card.
Actually, it's already working like expected. I just didn't use too much homebrews, so didn't test enough if file system on any partition may be corrupted or not.

The main purpose why i decided to do this is:

a) If you use SNEEK, you can't use homebrew, because most of them use SD card.
b) If you use UNEEK, you can't use other USB devices. Homebrew using some large libraries (like emulators) won't able to use USB HDD.

So, I want to use both SD and USB as with real NAND
smile.gif

Most tricky part was to find the way to split and use 2 partitions on SD card under Windows. As you may know Windows doesn't support more than one partition on removable device. So i have to find some special driver to cheat windows and represent SD card as HDD
smile.gif

After some more tests, i will make guide about how to make it... If there will be demands.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
VashTS said:
thanks choked...now i got it working, sneek di and uneek. of course the current r106 doesnt work, so im using an r83 i found on the nets. it loads, but when i use a corp'd nand it fails when loading a disc. not that much of a problem as i plan on using a big sd card to use sneek di so i can load it with my dlc.
As far as I know, cIOSes aren't generally supposed to work in SNEEK (see Punes explanation). Though, I remember that someone posted that it would be possible to edit SNEEK that it patches the IOS with a DI from the SD, or something like that. But don't ask me where I've seen this...and like you said, who uses Discs if he can use USB anyways?

heres the next problem...my beatles rockband dongles aren't lighting up when i boot the emulated nand, are there any tricks to using rock band instruments on sneek? this applies to both uneek and sneek di. im not sure of the sneek di rev i have, but i made it probably about a month or so ago.
Issue 40 on Googlecode. Bug was reproduced by Crediar, but he hasn't started to fix it. At least it seems like that.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on older versions of sneek the corp'd ios's work. i've used it and i keep it, its very old, probably almost a year old already but it works. this was a compile before sneek di and uneek were even built so maybe something changed between now and then that affected it. so i basically am going through all this trouble and will not able to accomplish what i started for to begin with, getting a rock band 2 dlc infested nand.

man i hate sneek.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have gotten this to work before but now it is not working and is irritating the heck out of me. I have used sneek before, well actually uneek without any problems. But now using the latest sneek gui installer, and installing uneek. I can not get it to work. I know both the usb and sd card devices are compatible because I have used them before. I used FS Dumper to dump my nand. Priiloader is not installed. I have CiosRev19 and hermes v5 installed. Bootmii installed only on homebrew channel because my wii does not have vulnerable boot2. When I have my usb plugged into the top nothing happens, but when its plugged into the bottom the flash drive just blinks blue. Like when getting a Wii update. I have tried almost everything, but still can't get it to work. Can someone help please. I have a usbgecko so if anyone wants output on whats going on let me know.

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SanGor said:
More Info

Important note:
All SNEEK related files have been moved to /sneek i.e.:
/sneek/di.bin
/sneek/font.bin
/boot2.bin is now /sneek/kernel.bin

mini-tree-mod:
-changed boot2.bin to /sneek/kernel.bin

ES:
-changed boot2.bin to /sneek/kernel.bin
-changed font.bin to /sneek/font.bin
-fixed a small bug in ES_DIVerify
-fixed some castings

SMenu:
-SMenu now shows UNEEK when using UNEEK in the banner

FS-USB:
-added an Ioctlv for DI support
-updated linker script to IOS80
-removed unused code
DI:
-added ISFS functions
-added DIGlue which automatically uses USB or SD(UNEEK DI support)
-replaced all file system related functions by DIGlue functions

R108

DI:
-Added FS.c/h DIGlue.c./h
-improved the VI patch(should work for all games now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4