Hacking SNEEK v2

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I noticed some weird behaviour of the update to 4.3 in Sneek.
First I had a full 4.2 NAND. After the update the Shopping Channel was missing. After I tried to update this NAND again I got an error message that the System Menu is corrupted.
Next I tried a fresh NAND only with IOS60 and System menu 4.1. During the first update, it ran until System Menu 4.3 and every IOS up to 80 was installed. Then I got error 32002 (no connection to update server). After that I ran the update again and this time I got the rest, including the Shopping Channel.

Also another bug I noticed: On System Menu 4.2 and 4.3 the Shopping Channel refuses to work (error 204035).

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm here are some questions.

1) Can sneek be used by users without bootmii as boot 2? NO> Go to 4
2) Does sneek only load on SD card, or is loading nand from usb also possible?
3) They say that it doesn't touch your real nand right? Yes?> Go to 3a NO> Go to 4 3a) So if I use sneek hmm.. example if I downgrade from 4.2 to 3.2 and upgrade downgrade etc etc and bricks, only the sneek nand is bricked? Yes?>go 3b
3b) And what if i use bootmii as ios and restore nand and it bricks, only the sneek nand is bricked?
4) Thanks for reading.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
1) Yes.
2) Both.
3) True.
3b) Yup, any brick of the virtual NAND hasn't done a thing to the real one.
4) You're welcome.

Btw you missed
QUOTE said:
3a) So if I use sneek hmm.. example if I downgrade from 4.2 to 3.2 and upgrade downgrade etc etc and bricks, only the sneek nand is bricked?
But I assume from your answer from 3b QUOTE
Yup, any brick of the virtual NAND hasn't done a thing to the real one.
that it wont brick.
Well interesting =D, im soon gonna try this out.

Oh yeah im confused, about these questions.
1) What is the difference between sneek v2, uneek, sneek(DI)
2) Usb (Fat32) compatible?
3) ~Again thanks for reading.~

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
has anyone tried to update sneek nand to 4.3?
what happens?
biggrin.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
bjorno said:
Oh yeah im confused, about these questions.
1) What is the difference between sneek v2, uneek, sneek(DI)
2) Usb (Fat32) compatible?
3) ~Again thanks for reading.~

1. The normal SNEEK just emulates the NAND from the dump encountered on the SD card (but you won't be able to use it on any type of software, unless you patch the string "*SDStatus = 0x00000002" on main.c before compiling, of course). UNEEK does the same thing but with an USB drive (you can use the SD card). However, SNEEK+DI is exactly the same as the first one, just that it also emulates the Drive Interface commands (DI) from the Wii's disc reader and redirects them to a USB drive (so you can load unencrypted games from there using the Disc Channel, for example).
2. AFAIK, that's the only file system compatible with SNEEK. Using a cluster higher than 32KB for USB drives may break the compatibility. You can use this program under Windows to format them to FAT32.
3. You're welcome.

QUOTE(atomikramp @ Jun 23 2010, 06:46 PM) has anyone tried to update sneek nand to 4.3?
what happens?
biggrin.gif

Just like Mddy, I obtained an error when the installation was complete (but the mine was 32004). The HBC got deleted, obviously, but the Shop Channel too (don't really know why). The DI Menu stopped working, but that's normal, because it was only coded to work under System Menu 4.2.

EDIT: by the way, SNEEK+DI makes the load of games possible on consoles which PCB board (the one that connects the disc reader with the mainboard of the Wii) has died, just like mine.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uneek is just SNEEK with USB hardrive compatibility? Wow, a couple hundred gigabytes would give so much space for probably every VC/Wiiware game, though limited channel space.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
i have my sneek nand updated to 4.3. yes it does delete hbc, but i got mine back and working. I used show me wads to change the title id of hbc from jodi to homo. system menu loads and my homebrew is still there and working everytime. i havent tried with sneek+di yet but i will.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've finally got the balls to play with SNEEK, but before i take the plunge, I've got a couple of questions.
Firstly, which would be better for me if I want to load games from my USB HDD and run wiiware/VC games, SNEEK, UNEEK or SNEEK + USB?
Secondly, what are the game selection menus like? Has it changed much since I last looked, or is still just the basic text pop up over the system menu when start is pressed on the first GC controller?
Thirdly, if the second is still the same as when I last looked, are there any simple ways (ie. not manually merging the latest SNEEK with Pune's mod) to get a GUI usable by a 7 year old up and running? This isn't a deal breaker, but a pain in the ass because I have really, really technologically illiterate friends and a 7 year old sister, and I'd rather not have to load the games for them.
Finally, do we still need the unencrypted game files extracted from the game, or is there now a way to run the games so that they're usable in both USB Loaders and SNEEK/UNEEK?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
toejam316 said:
I've finally got the balls to play with SNEEK, but before i take the plunge, I've got a couple of questions.
Firstly, which would be better for me if I want to load games from my USB HDD and run wiiware/VC games, SNEEK, UNEEK or SNEEK + USB?

SNEEK+DI is the only official way to play games off the USB

SNEEK = NAND on SD card(no USB games)
UNEEK = NAND on USB drive(no USB games)
SNEEK+DI = NAND on SD + DI(games via USB)
PUNEEK = NAND on USB + DI(games and NAND via USB)(not up-to-date)

Secondly, what are the game selection menus like? Has it changed much since I last looked, or is still just the basic text pop up over the system menu when start is pressed on the first GC controller?

you can now use the Wiimote buttons instead of needing a GC controller, same text screens unless you use the modded version that shows covers but is only for GC controller and is an older verion of SNEEK

Thirdly, if the second is still the same as when I last looked, are there any simple ways (ie. not manually merging the latest SNEEK with Pune's mod) to get a GUI usable by a 7 year old up and running?

no need for Punes mod unless you want to manually merge the sources with may have an advantage of USB NAND and DI, instead use Crediar's SNEEK Installer to set up SNEEK on the SD or USB for you

This isn't a deal breaker, but a pain in the ass because I have really, really technologically illiterate friends and a 7 year old sister, and I'd rather not have to load the games for them.

use a loader then, SNEEK isnt really a means of USB loadering but a whole NAND emulation kit, if your just wanting to play game just use a loader

Finally, do we still need the unencrypted game files extracted from the game, or is there now a way to run the games so that they're usable in both USB Loaders and SNEEK/UNEEK?

there are several apps that extract the needed game files from the ISO ready to use in SNEEK+DI, do a search

also check

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Righto, well I think I'll wait until cIOS Rev 20 before I take the plunge - SNEEK + DI seems like the path I'd take, cheers for the info pepxl.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone please help?
I can't get puneek to work.
It loads up system menu but the wiimotes wont sync no mather what I do.
Am I missing a file or must priiloader be uninstalled?
unsure.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
bjorno said:
Can anyone please help?
unsure.gif

Uninstall Priiloader. I don't think you'll ever need it when you're using the NAND emulation. Also, it can cause minor problems on startup, just like this one. Follow these steps to do so:

SNEEK FAQPreloader/Priiloader doesn't seem to work with SNEEK, you can easily remove it on the SD-NAND:

1. goto \title00000010000002\content\.
2. there should be a file called 100000xx.app and a file called 000000xx.app, delete the 000000xx.app file.
3. rename the 100000xx.app to 000000xx.app, that's it.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PabloACZ said:
bjorno said:
Can anyone please help?
unsure.gif

Uninstall Priiloader. I don't think you'll ever need it when you're using the NAND emulation. Also, it can cause minor problems on startup, just like this one. Follow these steps to do so:

SNEEK FAQPreloader/Priiloader doesn't seem to work with SNEEK, you can easily remove it on the SD-NAND:

2. there should be a file called 100000xx.app and a file called 000000xx.app, delete the 000000xx.app file.

uhm problem is I got the following files
1) 0000008a.app
2) 0000008b.app
3) 00000089.app
4) 1000008b.app
5) ticket
6) title

So do i need to remove number 1 to 4? and rename number 4?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
bjorno said:
PabloACZ said:
bjorno said:
Can anyone please help?
unsure.gif

1) 0000008a.app
2) 0000008b.app
3) 00000089.app
4) 1000008b.app
5) ticket
6) title

Delete the 0000008b.app file and rename the 1000008b.app file to 0000008b.app.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PabloACZ said:
bjorno said:
PabloACZ said:
bjorno said:
Can anyone please help?
unsure.gif

1) 0000008a.app
2) 0000008b.app
3) 00000089.app
4) 1000008b.app
5) ticket
6) title

Delete the 0000008b.app file and rename the 1000008b.app file to 0000008b.app.

Nope It loads up system menu but the wiimotes wont sync no mather what I do (same problem). The wii pointer works for 2 sec then it dissapears..

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PabloACZ said:
Are you sure the WiiMote is correctly synchronized to the console? Have you tried another versions of SNEEK to see whether the pointer works or not there?

So far I only tried Puneek what isnt working for me right now. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...