United States
I checked my NAND generated by ModMii using NANDCheck and it showed this :

NANDCheck v0.1b by crediar
Built: May 2 2011 23:13:57
It is not allowed to resell, rehost, redistribute
or include this file in any packages!

Checking content.map...
Checking System Menu...
Size of Content 8 from title 00000001-00000002 is wrong!
Size is : 568368 bytes
Size should be: 3867904 bytes
Checking cache.dat...
Checking setting.dat...
Checking IOS-80...
Check complete!

I replaced the problematic files with those from my original NAND and NANDCheck said
that no problems were found on the NAND. Still, when I tried UNEEK + DI I got same problem
(dvd drive continuous flashes).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
anickname said:

Checking content.map...
Checking System Menu...
Checking cache.dat...
Checking setting.dat...
Checking IOS-80...
Check complete!

I replaced the problematic files with those from my original NAND and NANDCheck said
that no problems were found on the NAND. Still, when I tried UNEEK + DI I got same problem

That error is a false-positive error. It's checking the size of the wii theme against the original theme. If you've told ModMii to build you an emulated nand with a custom theme (ie. dark wii red\green) then NANDCheck will show the above error, but the emulated nand still works fine, it's just got a larger theme.

If u build a ModMii emulated nand without a custom theme, it will pass nandcheck without any errors.

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
anickname said:

Checking content.map...
Checking System Menu...
Checking cache.dat...
Checking setting.dat...
Checking IOS-80...
Check complete!

That error is a false-positive error. It's checking the size of the wii theme against the original theme. If you've told ModMii to build you an emulated nand with a custom theme (ie. dark wii red\green) then NANDCheck will show the above error, but the emulated nand still works fine, it's just got a larger theme.

If u build a ModMii emulated nand without a custom theme, it will pass nandcheck without any errors.

The NAND was built without custom theme.
I checked again with the latest version of ModMii and the error is there.

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
If your drive slot blinks you should check what it means in the FAQ!

My blinks are not in the FAQ.
smile.gif

They are continuous.

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally ran UNEEK + DI.
smile.gif

The problem seems to be the hard drives.
Until now I tried with :
- 500 GB LaCie 2.5" hard drive
- 40 GB Unknown 2.5" hard drive

With both of them UNEEK / UNEEK + DI is not working.

I copied the content of the 40 GB hdd to a 80 GB Seagate SATA 3.5" hdd connected
to the Wii using a SATA to USB bridge.

It worked.
smile.gif

A big thank you for all the peoples that helped me.

I think that I'll post a bug on the SNEEK page and maybe in the feature the problem
with LaCie drives will be fixed.

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Tell me exactly what kind of emu nand u got ModMii to build so I can recreate it exactly. Then I'll check it against nandcheck to see if I can reproduce the error.

Run ModMii version 4.5.4.

S => 3 => UD => D => D => E => 4.3 =>Y (HBF) => N (cIOS249) => Y (Priiloader) => Y (Joyflow) => N (Switch2Uneek) => D => N (Custom Theme) => N (Channels) => Y

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@anickname

So, you basically had 2 harddisks and one usb stick that are working with usbloaders but not with uneek + di...

I guess your lastname must be Murphey or something. (You know, the guy from Murpheys law...)

Anyway, good to hear it's solved.
smile.gif

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
I think you can save yourself the time to post that issue, I highly doubt crediar will buy a LaCie drive just to add support ...

smile.gif
Yes, maybe you're right.

Can somebody recommends me a 2.5" 500 GB USB hard drive that is working with UNEEK / UNEEK + DI ?

Posts merged

QUOTE(obcd @ May 3 2011, 08:16 PM) @anickname

So, you basically had 2 harddisks and one usb stick that are working with usbloaders but not with uneek + di...

I guess your lastname must be Murphey or something. (You know, the guy from Murpheys law...)

Anyway, good to hear it's solved.
smile.gif

Yes, 2 drives and a stick.
smile.gif

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Sangor.
No doubt you are right about that La Cie harddisk issue. It's however strange that some drives work with usbloaders and not with Uneek+di.
As far as I examined the ehci code, it looks pretty much the same as the code that is used in cios.
I know they are still constantly tweaking this code, so maybe uneek + di could benefit from those tweaks as well.
It surely wouldn't harm to mention that some harddisk that do work with usbloaders don't work with uneek. It wouldn't suprise me that the problem is related to the fact that during the uneek setup the interface is reset a couple of times. Maybe some harddisks need a longer recovery time after a reset than others.

@Anickname
In the Joyflow thread Xflak is talking about the seagate drives with an exchangable usb interface. Seems like a perfect solution to me, as you can have a separate usb 3.0 interface for the connection and fast transfers to your pc. (If it also has usb 3.0 ports.)

I use an "el cheapo" eminent 2.5" usb enclosure with a Western Digital laptop drive in it. The idea of that approach was that I could return the drive to the computer shop in case it wouldn't work. The enclosures cost like 16 euro. I bought the shop's stock (4 pieces) once I knew they were working fine.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
anickname said:
XFlak said:
anickname said:

Checking content.map...
Checking System Menu...
Checking cache.dat...
Checking setting.dat...
Checking IOS-80...
Check complete!

The NAND was built without custom theme.
I checked again with the latest version of ModMii and the error is there.

Run ModMii version 4.5.4.

S => 3 => UD => D => D => E => 4.3 =>Y (HBF) => N (cIOS249) => Y (Priiloader) => Y (Joyflow) => N (Switch2Uneek) => D => N (Custom Theme) => N (Channels) => Y
I can confirm that the error was because of priiloader

so basically if u have either priiloader or a custom theme installed to an emulated nand, crediar's nandcheck will report false-postive errors

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
R151 has a few minor bugfixes. R152 and 153 only have updated FAQ files according to the description in google.
So, if rev. 153 doesn't work, I doubt rev. 150 will. As you probably compiled the rev. 153 yourself, you could have
issues by not using the devkitarm rev. 24 or 25. Newer revisions don't produce the correct code.
So rev. 150 is worth a try as long as you work with the precompiled files.
Do have or know of a site to download the rev 24 or 25?
I have Googled to find rev 31 and rev 32.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY said:
Thanks a bunch!
I tried it and still get the same results.
I tried everything I could think of; from trying different variant of SNEEK to changing hard drives, I just cannot get it to work.
I even tried reformatting the SD card and Hard Drive to no avail.
I have to say though the only SNEEK r150 - 153 that works for me was the SNEEK and UNEEK without DI module. The DI module crashes every time I launch anything, including Homebrew channel.
The games shows up in the disc channel and the menu of the DI module works. The fake NAND functional and am able to launch HomeBrew channel, virtual console games without any problem, as long as I do not use any DI module.
I cannot get the SNEEK to output any debugging info and I have it enabled in the DI menu. I was using GeckoReader as that is the only software that I could find that would capture debugging information. Perhaps because I am using the first gen USBGecko?
I am giving up and reverting back to a known working SNEEK revision with DI.
It appears that I am the only person on this forum (maybe the entire planet for that matter) whom is having this problem.
angry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@