Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
SanGor said:
None of the USBLoader GUIs work with SNEEK/UNNEK, they don't see the need to implement it.

are you also referencing puneflow, a usb loader that was modified specifically to load games using sneek's (older) di module while the nand was on a usb drive?

i mean, uneek+di is essentially what puneek was (like, nearly exactly with the exception of diconfig.bin and the other minor revision changes), so i'm wondering if the puneek loaders also work. if not, excuse my persistance. it just appears like people are again failing to understand my question.

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, not sure if I should ask here or start a new topic but I'm wondering if there is an app, pc or wii that will tell you which IOS a homebrew wii boot.dol requires. I ask this because I'd love to transition all my wii activity to sneek (yay 116r is stable as hell and uneek di boots fast and works). So I'm trying to get wiimc to play over my wifi which works fine in the normal non-sneekified nand. Wiimc loads fine in uneek, but when it tries to access the wifi it just hangs, not a complete hard lock because the busy spinning circle thing keeps spinning but the wii is unresponsive in any other way. And yes my network is setup on the sneek nand. The IOSs I have installed are
4.2U_Systemmenu_v481.wad
IOS12-64-v525.wad
IOS13-64-v1031.wad
IOS14-64-v1031.wad
IOS15-64-v1031.wad
IOS17-64-v1031.wad
IOS21-64-v1038.wad
IOS22-64-v1293.wad
IOS28-64-v1806.wad
IOS31-64-v3607.wad
IOS33-64-v3607.wad
IOS34-64-v3607.wad
IOS35-64-v3607.wad
IOS36-64-v3607.wad
IOS37-64-v5662.wad
IOS38-64-v4123.wad
IOS53-64-v5662.wad
IOS55-64-v5662.wad
IOS56-64-v5661.wad
IOS57-64-v5918.wad
IOS58-64-v6175.wad
IOS61-64-v5661.wad
IOS70v6913(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP]).wad
IOS9-64-v1034.wad
RVL-mios-v10.wad

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried this method the other day install IOS57 in IOS202's slot and it works a charm was watching knight and day over smb share while using uneek not sure if it'll work for di version could give it a shot

edit Just tried it and smb works for wiimc on uneek_di when you install IOS57 to slot 202

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
ChokeD said:
SanGor said:
None of the USBLoader GUIs work with SNEEK/UNNEK, they don't see the need to implement it.

are you also referencing puneflow, a usb loader that was modified specifically to load games using sneek's (older) di module while the nand was on a usb drive?

i mean, uneek+di is essentially what puneek was (like, nearly exactly with the exception of diconfig.bin and the other minor revision changes), so i'm wondering if the puneek loaders also work. if not, excuse my persistance. it just appears like people are again failing to understand my question.
The USB Loaders that WERE listed in the op are for OLD OLD OLD versions of sneek/uneek. They, as well as the other regular USB Loaders, are not supported by crediar or anyone else and it is very doubtful if they ever will be. However, the menu mod still in the op may very well still work with a little shuck and jive, uh, a little re-writing of some code, but from what I've seen the_good came and went as fast as he put up the mod. If I'm wrong and he's still around, that would be awesome, but me no thinks so.
smile.gif

To answer your question, No, as is, puneek and puneflow or whatever do not work with the latest revisions of SNEEK,SNEEK+DI,UNEEK,UNEEK+DI.

Respectfully,
ChokeD

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
irumi said:
VashTS said:
sneek kills me sometimes...i found out why i cant open the menu, i don't have font.bin in the sneek folder on usb. i put it there and...tada it does...NOT work. it freezes when loading. i can tell because my hdd light stops blinking. it boots flawlessly without font.bin, but of course no di menu.

same experience here, but when i tried Sneek DI using same font.bin, it works. Uneek DI without font.bin boots perfectly but no menu, then after font.bin was included, black screen, it wont even boot.
unsure.gif

Exact same experience here, although I had it working perfectly before and then I ran a system update on my sneek NAND then it messed it up so I restored my backup using a backup of a perfectly working copy, SD and USB sneek files and USB NAND, but it doesn't boot anymore without removing font.bin then it works fine, no flashes from the drive.
I rebuilt a virgin sneek NAND using the instructions on post 1, setup uneek di, booted then setup my language and all that, booted SM 4.2 fine, changed my region in the sneek menu to USA, saved then powered off, didn't come back up after that without removing font.bin, but without it I can't get the menu. sorry a little stoned I'm sure I repeated myself somewhere along the line

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for uneek but as soon as you add the di.bin and font.bin the same nand that boots with uneek will not boot with uneek_di(black screen) the only way you can get it to boot is to patch the system menu app or remove the font.bin(shows a game in the disc channel) but which makes the di menu un-useable

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
svn works fine for me as well without patching the system menu to verbose output (I got an USBGecko btw)

I got my real nand running 4.3(updated online within UNEEK to 4.3) in UNEEK+Di with 20 channels and some 20-30 games on HDD.

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nope same result with installer will boot uneek perfectly but as soon as you add the di.bin and font.bin the hard drive loads for a few seconds and then nothing just black screen remove the font.bin and the nand will boot ad show a game patch the system menu and add font.bin and the nand will boot tried on 3 of my 5 hdd and the same results check a few posts up others are having the same problems

Have tried compiling on 2 different machines and treid the sneekinstaller also same results

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what if you just use the di.bin without the font.bin and vice versa.
or try to increase the delay of "TimerRestart( Timer, 0, 10000000 );" to dunno maybe "TimerRestart( Timer, 0, 15000000 );" (ES/main.c line 1251) ?

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
without the di.bin or font.bin the nand will boot perfect load the system menu and can do everything channels wiiware HBC apps

I'll try changing the main.c and see if it makes a difference

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NReale3370 said:
116 did not my fix my slow flash drive but adding a brief udelay in the loading took care of that. 116 seems to have fixed homebrew and whatnot too for me!
r116 also did not fix my HD boot issues with SNEEK+DI, but using the technique of booting to health screen without the SD card first and then resetting with SD card inserted works every time for me with SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI. I am booting directly from BootMii/boot2.

I am kind of curious about other people's HD issues. I don't see anybody mentioning whether they are booting from BootMii/boot2 vs. Priiloader->BootMii/IOS when they are describing their USB HD issues. I wonder if there are differences in the success rate with the same HD using the two different techniques?

In any case, considering how well the latest revisions are working using the "reset button" method, I am perfectly happy to boot UNEEK/UNEEK+DI that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.