Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

winter01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
obcd, thanks for the answer.

If I launch Bootmii from HBC it works, it loads my emulated nand ok. And if I launch Bootmii from Priiloader it works too. What is not working is the autoboot to Bootmii option on priiloader. I start the system, but it goes to Priiloader, giving a error message that coudn't load Bootmii...

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I launch this bootIOS from Priiloader?

Thanks again!

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@winter01

i made a mod of priiloader .04 for uneek ill post it here for everyone it will launch directly to hbc 1.07

xflak is trying it out and if he likes it he said he will make it an option in modmii

here is the link just install as you would the original to know if you are running the original priiloader .04 or my mod i changed the rev from r78m to r78m-SC so just look for that after you install and start preloader

here is link:http://www.mediafire.com/?oi6og8q5l83eb30

just find the installer.dol and rename it boot.dol and put in a folder called priiloadermod and launch from HBC

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@winter,
download bootios from here:http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootIOS
save the dol to the root of your sd card, then in priiloader, install it as a file, then change your autoboot settings to launch the installed file

bootios doesn't perform any checks to see if ALL the bootmii files are present on the sd card (some of which are not present in a s/uneek "bootmii" folder). So it should just load IOS254 without any checks, if the proper files are in place, it will load s/uneek or bootmii, otherwise it will reload to the System menu.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
During bootup, you need to hold the wii reset button to get into the priiloader setup.
There you select the Load/Install File. You can now select one of the homebrew programs in your sd apps folder
you should choose to install the Bootmii launcher application.
In settings you select to auto boot from the installed file and save the settings.
You better check if it boots ok manually that way first.

I have never done this myself. I believe it's the way it is supposed to work.

My priiloader is v. 0.6 rev. 123

Oops, Xflak seems to respond faster than I do ....

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
It's difficult to pinpoint your problem without usbgecko output. I just find it a little strange that you were able to partition your
harddisk as fat32 from within windows 7, as I know for sure xp will insist on using ntfs partitions. Maybe things have changed in windows 7

I used a small command line tool fat32format.exe to partition my drive as 1 fat32 partition. You could give that a try.
As it will wipe clean your drive, only use it if you can afford that and have a backup of all stuff on your drive.

Do you see some activity on your harddisk drive led or none at all? (just before the dvd tray starts flashing).

I tried SNEEK+DI. Sneek started, I configured the console.
After that I got only a black screen; no dvd flashing. I tried more reboots without success.

On the 40GB drive I created 1 partitions (entire space) and formated with fat32formater.exe.
I installed UNEEK+DI from ModMii.
No success also with this, because I got the first problem (continuous dvd flashes).

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
anickname said:
obcd said:
It's difficult to pinpoint your problem without usbgecko output. I just find it a little strange that you were able to partition your
harddisk as fat32 from within windows 7, as I know for sure xp will insist on using ntfs partitions. Maybe things have changed in windows 7

I used a small command line tool fat32format.exe to partition my drive as 1 fat32 partition. You could give that a try.
As it will wipe clean your drive, only use it if you can afford that and have a backup of all stuff on your drive.

Do you see some activity on your harddisk drive led or none at all? (just before the dvd tray starts flashing).

After that I got only a black screen; no dvd flashing. I tried more reboots without success.

On the 40GB drive I created 1 partitions (entire space) and formated with fat32formater.exe.
No success also with this, because I got the first problem (continuous dvd flashes).
And have you tried copying cert.sys file from you real nand dump? Some ppl have reported this has fixed their similar problem...

winter01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xFlak, I dit exactly what you said, but when I choose Install File, it goes to a black screen...

maybe it's better to give up the autoboot, and load sneek through HBC...

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@winter01

what version of priiloader are you using?

Maybe you are having an issue of your harddisk not being ready at the moment priiloader launches uneek+di.

You could try to boot into sneek that way. As it loads from sd, it should work in that case.

If it is your problem, adding a delay of a couple of seconds before bootios launches ios254 should solve the problem.

Maybe you could try to disable autoboot in priiloader, and boot the installed file or even bootmii afterwards.
If that works, it's a timing issue of your harddisk and fixable. It's quicker to test than making a sneek setup.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It could still be a timing issue on the sd card as well.

Try to disable the priiloader autoboot (should get you into priiloader setup menu at boot) and launch bootmii from there.
See if it boots fine that way, in which case it's a timing issue..

winter01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that way it boots fine, like I said on my first post.

I already tried to do this:

Open Bootmii.ini in a text editor. You will see some lines at the bottom:
# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

Replace that with:

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
BOOTDELAY=0

But didn't work.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@winter01

The sneek armboot.bin isn't using the bootmii.ini file.
It's only bootmii itself using it so that you can make a selection when the bootmii screen shows up.

It's not normal that it comes up with a black screen.
If it's unable to find armboot.bin on the sd (due to timing issues), it should simply boot into the real nand.

I had problems to boot into sneek when I was using an sdhc card. As my bootmii is installed as boot2,
I have no way to test if it boots fine when I delay it's startup. I will try to find a little time to make
a bootios with a few seconds delay in it, just to see if it fixes the issue.

Are you using an sdhc card? (might already be answered in previous articles...) Everything with a size
bigger than 2Gig is usually sdhc.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@winter01

I have added a delay to bootios and have recompiled it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6lf8c1a13d696yr

See if that version is able to launch your sneek setup.

If it does, load it into priiloader and see il launching it automatically works to launch your sneek setup.

It should delay 4 seconds before it launches the bootmii ios 254

Source is included in the package as well (before someone asks for it.)

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
anickname said:
obcd said:

And have you tried copying cert.sys file from you real nand dump? Some ppl have reported this has fixed their similar problem...

I copied cert.sys, no luck. I tried other things : boot with original NAND, 4.2 nand, still same error.
I have recorded another video which shows the hdd activity.
After running Bootmii from HBC the drive was accessed, but I didn't cathed it on the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aXCqey4yRo[/youtube]

anickname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anickname said:
pplucky said:
anickname said:
obcd said:

I copied cert.sys, no luck. I tried other things : boot with original NAND, 4.2 nand, still same error.
I have recorded another video which shows the hdd activity.
After running Bootmii from HBC the drive was accessed, but I didn't cathed it on the video.

I tried with an usb stick instead of the hdd, same problem.
Maybe the problem is one of my IOSes.
I took the info from here on which bases to use for them.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249
http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

This is the log from sysCheckGX :

IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES_Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0,Information
IOS 3 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,"This is a stub IOS present in some Wiis. No known functional version has ever been found."
IOS 4 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 9 (rev 1034),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by System Menu 1.0."
IOS 10 (rev 768),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 11 (rev 256),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 12 (rev 526),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"This is the oldest known version of IOS. It was probably developed to be used in Wii Demos and product showcases."
IOS 13 (rev 1032),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by News, Weather and Photo 1.0 Channels."
IOS 14 (rev 1032),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 15 (rev 1032),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Contains NAND BOOT PROGRAM (this was probably accidental)."
IOS 16 (rev 512),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 17 (rev 1032),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 20 (rev 256),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 21 (rev 1039),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Contains NAND boot program. Most debugging messages are removed. Most common for third-party titles."
IOS 22 (rev 1294),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 28 (rev 1807),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 30 (rev 2816),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 31 (rev 3608),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by the Regional Titles for News & Weather."
IOS 33 (rev 3608),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 34 (rev 3608),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Mostly used by the HackMii Installer as long as it's not fakesigned."
IOS 35 (rev 3608),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 36 (rev 3608),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"If the IOS revision is 1042 HackMii Installer v0.4 & v0.6 will not run properly (no usable or vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii)."
IOS 37 (rev 5663),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Fixed the signing bug. Used by several WiiWare games."
IOS 38 (rev 4124),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Required and installed by the official Nintendo Wii Speak Channel."
IOS 40 (rev 3072),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 41 (rev 3607),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 43 (rev 3607),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 45 (rev 3607),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 46 (rev 3607),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 48 (rev 4124),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 50 (rev 5120),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 51 (rev 4864),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 52 (rev 5888),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 53 (rev 5663),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by several WiiWare games."
IOS 55 (rev 5663),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Required and installed by the official Nintendo Wii Speak Channel. Used by several WiiWare games."
IOS 56 (rev 5662),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by the Wii Speak Channel 2.0. Used by several WiiWare games."
IOS 57 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS 58 (rev 6176),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,"This is the first IOS with an official USB 2.0 module."
IOS 60 (rev 6400),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 61 (rev 5662),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by the Wii Shop Channel from the System Menu 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. Also used by Photo Channel 1.1 v3+. It is known to have SDHC support."
IOS 70 (rev 6912),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?,""
IOS 80 (rev 6944),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by System Menu 4.3. It is known to have SDHC support."
IOS222 (rev 4),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,"Used by Hermes as a custom IOS."
IOS223 (rev 4),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,"Used by Hermes as a custom IOS."
IOS224 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,"Used by Hermes as a custom IOS."
IOS236 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS247 (rev 21),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS248 (rev 21),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,""
IOS249 (rev 21003),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by Waninkoko as a custom IOS. It is also used by the cIOS Patchmii Installer."
IOS250 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,"Used by Waninkoko as a backup of his custom IOS."
IOS254 (rev 65281),No,?,?,?,?,?,?,"Used by BootMii (HackMiiInstaller v0.7x)."

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@anickname.

You really should start with a sneek setup (without DI) and work further from there.

I used the backup of my real nand (the bootmii backup) and extracted it with showmiinand / showmiiwad.
In between the lines I read that priiloader can cause issues. In my case, it's running, but only with minimal
hacks enabled. (No online update, no game update and auto press A upon health screen.)
I did install the HBC 1.07 as the 1.08 is not working in sneek/uneek and the installer isn't working either.

If you get sneek running that way, you know 2 things:

1. Your sd card is compatible and working fine.
2. Your emulated nand is working fine as well, so it can be copied to the harddrive for uneek tests.

I would suggest a test with sneek +di afterwards. If you see a game animation in the disc channel, you know your harddisc is compatible.

This will ensure that you have a proper extracted game on the correct location.

You can use the Crediar sneek installer to create your armboot.bin, kernel.bin and di.bin. If you don't have a usb gecko, turning on verbose output is useless.

I know such a step by step approach can be fustrating, but as I explained already before, without the usb gecko output from the starting sneek, it's difficult to find the issue.

If sneek and sneek+di are running, you can proceed with uneek/di.

Do you have bootmii as boot2 or only as ios?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3