SMRPG - The Super Jump

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by imgod22222, Jul 17, 2010.

1. imgod22222
    OP

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    I've been playing this game for the past... 13 years if not more, and beat the game through about a half dozen times.
    One thing I still to-date have NOT been able to do is super jump 31-101 times.
    So, what I am wanting to ask:

what is the elapsed time between jumps?

I know that there is a small time window in which you can click Y to keep jumping, and as you perform more jumps, the smaller that window becomes, but I want to know what time interval I can use to keep jumping.
    (Fed up as I am with this, I am set to use something akin to the "turbo" button on 3rd party controllers to do his for me.)

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The timing actually changes every 10 jumps or so, I think an NPC mentions that.

Using an emulator with slowdown and save states you can see that the timing varies, for a few jumps it'll be right before contact, and for a few after that it'll be right after.

3. imgod22222
    OP

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    if it changes every 10 jumps, then what is it initially, and what does it change to?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I'm not sure it's exactly 10 jumps, and I never memorized the timing changes. As I said I used slow-motion and states on an emulator so I didn't have to bother memorizing or practicing anything.

Just, all I know is it varies, either try it for yourself (and know it's not the same timing) or look up some youtube vids.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice