SMRPG - The Super Jump

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by imgod22222, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

SMRPG - The Super Jump by imgod22222 at 7:11 PM (812 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. imgod22222
    OP

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    I've been playing this game for the past... 13 years if not more, and beat the game through about a half dozen times.
    One thing I still to-date have NOT been able to do is super jump 31-101 times.
    So, what I am wanting to ask:

what is the elapsed time between jumps?

I know that there is a small time window in which you can click Y to keep jumping, and as you perform more jumps, the smaller that window becomes, but I want to know what time interval I can use to keep jumping.
    (Fed up as I am with this, I am set to use something akin to the "turbo" button on 3rd party controllers to do his for me.)

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The timing actually changes every 10 jumps or so, I think an NPC mentions that.

Using an emulator with slowdown and save states you can see that the timing varies, for a few jumps it'll be right before contact, and for a few after that it'll be right after.

3. imgod22222
    OP

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    if it changes every 10 jumps, then what is it initially, and what does it change to?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I'm not sure it's exactly 10 jumps, and I never memorized the timing changes. As I said I used slow-motion and states on an emulator so I didn't have to bother memorizing or practicing anything.

Just, all I know is it varies, either try it for yourself (and know it's not the same timing) or look up some youtube vids.