Hacking Smash Ultimate Brick poll

Have you fallen for a smash ultimate brick or know someone who has?

• Yes

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • No

Votes: 609 98.1%

• Total voters

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll should say "Which ones of you are stupid enough to fall for the bricking Smash Ultimate roms?".

Seriously, if you get bricked, good job. Maybe next time you'll consider just waiting and going the legal route : )

And to the bricker you would say? I mean, they did just destroy a $300 console. Not sure it's warranted. =/

Reactions: Ty_

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already tested? It's running well?
I'm doing a NAND backup right now, didn't tested yet
I did my NAND Backup and its working like charm! :D
IMG_20181125_024101898.jpg

Last edited by huma_dawii,

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn’t the dude who created the pokemon virus nsp say he is going to create another one which will brick NSW after a few days of using the infected nsp/xci. So no one will know what caused it.

isoisoiso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Didn’t the dude who created the pokemon virus nsp say he is going to create another one which will brick NSW after a few days of using the infected nsp/xci. So no one will know what caused it.
No, he never claimed he was gonna make it, he said it would be possible.

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I'm a noob with switch hacking... anyone here got a link to a tutorial to hack my switch to play Ultimate? Same for a tutorial on how to back up the NAND

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i know off people, but not people i personally know.

the good thing about smash is, the download is so large, its usually reached a limit by the time most people try to download it

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay for checking (on Windows) first you want this:

https://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility/

You then have it check the NSP/XCI and it'll generate a hash, kind of like a serial number. The hash is based on the bytes of the file so if there's even a minor change, the hash produced changes quite a bit. Basically it lets you compare that the file you have is exactly the same as the one you should have. If someone has inserted malicious code, it'll produce a different hash

Then you just need to compare it with a confirmed hash from a trusted source. I can post the confirmed hash I used if a mod confirms it doesn't violate any rules

Last edited by Ty_,
Reactions: Zaybokk

Frank1905

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I'm on 6.2.0 sysnand and 6.1.0 Emunand.
Waiting for 6.2.0 cfw to update Emunand as well and get rid of sleep mode issue.
I think this is the firmware as well. 6.2 only released 5 days ago, so it's pretty much impossible that Smash requires 6.2

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay for checking (on Windows) first you want this:

https://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility/

You then have it check the NSP/XCI and it'll generate a hash, kind of like a serial number. The hash is based on the bytes of the file so if there's even a minor change, the hash produced changes quite a bit. Basically it lets you compare that the file you have is exactly the same as the one you should have. If someone has inserted malicious code, it'll produce a different hash

Then you just need to compare it with a confirmed hash from a trusted source. I can post the confirmed hash I used if a mod confirms it doesn't violate any rules
Ty for the quick guide! I'm doing it now.
Yes, It would be great if we could compare our hashes.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i expected that TX's XCI loader is just reads rom files, not sure if XCI files even requires further file installation into nand...
It's easier to brick with a nsp, because all you have to do is have it use the title ID of some important system title so when you install it replaces it with garbage.
But, that's not how these brickers work - they are simply homebrew that overwrite important system data, so when you run it, whether from xci or an installed nsp, it will do its thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-