Hacking Smash Bros White Screen

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Oh my... IGNORE Tsuruhime's advice (in this case).... I have no idea what he is ranting on about. Tsuruhime is representing ideas from 2010-
This is 2014!!
1) All Wii systems are hackable (colors don't matter)
2) WBFS is outdated, but since the OP wishes to use the WBFS format, WBFS it is!
3) After examing sysCheck, I have determined the OP's problem is that he/she has extremely outdated IOS files.
    • IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS50v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS52v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
    • cIOS222[38]-v4
    • cIOS223[37-38]-v4
    • cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
    • cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final
    • cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final
Those are the IOS files you need. If you do not know how to get those, PM me.
If you have the sysCheck.csv file you generated still, use the "SU" (Syscheck updater) in ModMii to have a guide generated.

glitch777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone even with updates I still can't get brawl to run. I have tried my personal backup, and even an "acquired" one and they both give me the same results. The white screen after the initial loading screen. Any help would be highly appreciated.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hey everyone even with updates I still can't get brawl to run. I have tried my personal backup, and even an "acquired" one and they both give me the same results. The white screen after the initial loading screen. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Unfortunately I can not test my working copy for you or check my stats because I do not have my Wii on me...
I am 100% sure you are 'this close' to get it working. The cIOS issue was the cause of the white screen, now we just need to find the right configuration for SSBB... Just out of curiosity, what type of USB/HDD are you using? Try using a basic 8GB usb and see if Brawl loads.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When i have some IOS problems, I use Pimp My Wii to update all of them, I have Priiloader is something results bad, I used it since 2010 and never get a problem with it, just install what it says to you in the diagnostic.

Reactions: FanLuigi

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
When i have some IOS problems, I use Pimp My Wii to update all of them, I have Priiloader is something results bad, I used it since 2010 and never get a problem with it, just install what it says to you in the diagnostic.

PimpMyWii is more like BrickMyWii. Go check around. ModMii does a better job.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
PimpMyWii is more like BrickMyWii. Go check around. ModMii does a better job.

I just said I had never got problems with it since 2010 :P , 4 years using it and NEVER bricked my Wii, and anyway, if my Wii could get bricked, I got Priiloader, so unless it touch the Sytem Menu, or the system menu IOS (which unlikely does) Priiloader get deleted.

EDIT: Anyway, maybe it works fine in my Wii, but others get problems, it's not the first time I heard something about "Brick My Wii".

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I just said I had never got problems with it since 2010 :P , 4 years using it and NEVER bricked my Wii, and anyway, if my Wii could get bricked, I got Priiloader, so unless it touch the Sytem Menu, or the system menu IOS (which unlikely does) Priiloader get deleted.

EDIT: Anyway, maybe it works fine in my Wii, but others get problems, it's not the first time I heard something about "Brick My Wii".

For the casual user. So long as you are aware and have Priiloader installed, you are an exception. In either case, both do about the same job.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It has already been done. We are now confirmed he is up to date.
He is using a SD card to USB adaptor that plugs into his Wii... A bit complex, but apparently it works for NSMB, so it should work for Brawl.
Any ideas?
I do not have a Wii right now, so anyone with Brawl working over USB, could you please share your configuration?

glitch777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have figured out that I cant boot any dual layer game (I only tested 2 Other: M & Smash Bros Brawl), but I can boot single layer games (only ones I have tried were NSMB and Tatsunoku vs Capcom), and Gamecube games also work. Any help or second opinions would be highly appreciated.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I have figured out that I cant boot any dual layer game (I only tested 2 Other: M & Smash Bros Brawl), but I can boot single layer games (only ones I have tried were NSMB and Tatsunoku vs Capcom), and Gamecube games also work. Any help or second opinions would be highly appreciated.

Well, I know it maybe was asked before, but had you tried another ISO? Maybe yours don't work, try PAL, or another NTSC, also if you can try the DVD-5 version, since it's normal layer (4.37GB)

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well, I know it maybe was asked before, but had you tried another ISO? Maybe yours don't work, try PAL, or another NTSC, also if you can try the DVD-5 version, since it's normal layer (4.37GB)

This.
glitch777, try the DVD-5 version of Brawl and let us know if it works.
Also, Goku Junior, he has tried loading a few different IOS, no luck. We have tried 249, 236, 222... and the rest I don't remember. Any advice?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This.
glitch777, try the DVD-5 version of Brawl and let us know if it works.
Also, Goku Junior, he has tried loading a few different IOS, no luck. We have tried 249, 236, 222... and the rest I don't remember. Any advice?

I'm seeing the System Check, he has some outdated cIOS, there are d2x v6, why don't install the v10beta? also, I know SSBB and MKWii use IOS36 to work, if DVD-5 don't work, it has to be something wrong in that IOS.
Really, I don't want to brick nothing, but the easier way is using Pimp My Wii, with Priiloader, unless if it touches the System Menu IOS (IOS 80), or the System Menu itself, it could brick, but Pimp My Wii tells you what to install, and you chosse if you want to install it or not.

EDIT: Here is my Syscheck, try to compare yours to mine, it loads all Wii games:
EDIT2: I noticed my IOS36 (the IOS which loads MKWii and SSBB) it have Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, and NAND Access, while Glitch IOS36 is a normal one.

Attachments

• sysCheck.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 202

glitch777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing the System Check, he has some outdated cIOS, there are d2x v6, why don't install the v10beta? also, I know SSBB and MKWii use IOS36 to work, if DVD-5 don't work, it has to be something wrong in that IOS.
Really, I don't want to brick nothing, but the easier way is using Pimp My Wii, with Priiloader, unless if it touches the System Menu IOS (IOS 80), or the System Menu itself, it could brick, but Pimp My Wii tells you what to install, and you chosse if you want to install it or not.

EDIT: Here is my Syscheck, try to compare yours to mine, it loads all Wii games:
EDIT2: I noticed my IOS36 (the IOS which loads MKWii and SSBB) it have Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, and NAND Access, while Glitch IOS36 is a normal one.
I used pimp my wii and tried Mario Kart and it works, Brawl on the other doesn't even load anymore, but now instead just boots to a black screen. I also believe that there may be something wrong with the SD card because sometimes when I transfer files over Wii Back Up Manager gives ???? for the partition and IOS0 for whatever IOS is used. Here is a link to my new system check.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nim19ulsj7rtc10/sysCheck.csv?dl=0

Reactions: jonthedit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...