smash bros. not working, please help!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lovixio, Dec 28, 2014.

1. lovixio
    OP

lovixio Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Argentina
    So i'm using a Gateway to play my gamez and I tried to play smash bros. and my console crashed.
    How do I know it crashed? well I verified it with a friend that whenever I start smash I suddenly disconect after a few seconds.
    When I use smash the screen blacks out (like in any other game) but it never turns on again, the screen remains off, it doesn't even light up and I have to re-start the console.
    I'm using a normal 3ds, the latest firmware of gateway, the 9.4.0-21U update on my gateway mode, and I have enough space to play smash bros. and I know this because we tried my gateway and sd card in my friend's 3ds XL and it was working perfectly.
    I'm not sure this was the place to ask for help but anything would be really apreciated.

2. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    Do you know if the ROM you have downloaded works OK?

3. Dont Worry About it

Dont Worry About it GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Probably just a bad dump.

4. lovixio
    OP

lovixio Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Argentina
    I downloaded the ROM varius times from diferent sources and it did not work. plus, I tried it im my friend's 3ds and it worked perfectly

5. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    Are you trying to play online? The header that you might be using could be from a game that doesn't really have online gameplay.

6. lovixio
    OP

lovixio Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Argentina
    no, the game doesn't even start. I run the game and the screen turns off to never turning on until I re-start the console

7. Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Reeperbahn
    Is the SD Card in ur 3DS 4GB or more ? Cause SSB needs 4GB SD Card in the 3DS for Caching Data.

8. lovixio
    OP

lovixio Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Argentina
    It's 2gb. Thanks, i'll try getting a new one, so for now I don't need anymore help. If I do, I'll do another post