Smash Bros CIA version not working. Need some help.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bros.Life, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Bros.Life
    OP

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Hi guys!

My friend has an OLD3DS with the Cakes CFW and latest firmware in emunand.

For some reason, Super Smash Bros is not working. The game installs, however, when we try to launch it a message appears saying: "an error has occurred. Please hold the power button."

He already tried to use another cia installer (DevMenu, instead of FBI) and tickets to download direct from Nintendo's server. And he's got no success at all.

Apparently, Smash Bros is the only game with this issue so far. He left his 3DS with me, but honestly, I'm out of ideas to solve this.

I don't know if he tried to use another cia of Smash Bros, because according to him the same cia file worked in another 3DS.

I'll be glad if someone brings new ideas. Thanks.

2. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Try Rxtools. (Please don't hate on me.) I used ReiNand and that happened when I switched to rx, it worked fine :D

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Menuhax, A9LH or something else?

4. Hking0036

Hking0036 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Do you have reboot patches on?
    Luma3DS can do this as well but I think that cakes has reboot patches, you just have to enable them in settings.

The problem is that some games (Smash 4, Monster Hunter) need more ram than normal games, so on the old 3ds they have to reboot first before loading and does it again after closing.

Last edited by Hking0036, Jun 1, 2016
  5. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    As mentioned, make sure you have the Reboot patch cake enabled.

Don't use RxTools, ReiNand doesn't have reboot patches (https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/issues/50), you should have used Luma instead of going back to an outdated CFW (If you went to the old version of RxTools, as opposed to Yet Another RxTools).

zezzo likes this.
  6. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    I don't even understand.. Rxtools is fine for me and the average user.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Should I use luma with menuhax and could you point me in that direction

7. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    I haven't used menuhax in a while, but this should help you out: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
    If you have any questions, the Luma3DS thread is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-noob-proof-3ds-custom-firmware.411110/

While RxTools may work now, it's going to run into issues eventually with new firmware versions, since it's no longer under development (Again, this is talking about base RxTools, not Yet Another Rxtools). It's better to start looking at alternatives now instead of once things start breaking.

zezzo likes this.
  8. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Thanks. This won't mess up my smash right? I don't want ARM9LoaderHax but I am going to use luma + menuhax.

9. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    It shouldn't.

zezzo likes this.
  10. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Nope, Smash should be fine. You can always make a backup of your SD card as a precaution if you're concerned. You can also switch back to RxTools if you do have any issues, but I don't think you will :)

zezzo likes this.
  11. Bros.Life
    OP

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Thanks to everyone who helped me.

It's menuhax.

I'll check this option. To be honest, I didn't think this could be something related to the CFW. It's good to know about this.

I'll just switch to Luma now.