Smash 4 Details revealed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by EnigmaXtreme, Jun 13, 2011.

Jun 13, 2011

Smash 4 Details revealed by EnigmaXtreme at 12:15 PM (5,582 Views / 0 Likes) 81 replies

1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Source

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I hope they don't dumb down the 3DS version, making stuff only available for the Wii U while 3DS players are left out.

3. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I like the connectivity and using your personal trained characters on Wii u.
    I hope you can control them using a 3DS too [​IMG]

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    You know Ill shut my bitchy Nintendo mouth for this time you know. No fan boy-talk for once.

I think this game will be okay. Lets hope they balance the characters a bit etc. update visuals add something people will hype the hell off.

I am happy if they do what I said.

Also don't add to many new characters this could lead to make it more unbalanced. Take Ike from Brawl if your using it right its way to overpowered. It becomes boring to play Smash and you'll lose your interest on some moments. This is my personal experience.

Of course make it Nintendo ONLY. Sonic is okay(since people can play with him) Snake would also be no problem but let the rest OUT of it. Simon Belmont for example try to think about his attacks. They need to be balanced and smooth. Thats HARD work. And if they will use the Final Smashes again then I really would like to see a good offensive attack, so freaking crosses are so dissorentating. I cannot remember a character using a big item to throw to others while they are in Final Smash. Make it like Castlevania Judgment.(Simon's Final Smash)

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Heh, that was a nice joke.

Smash Bros. is more about just having fun than actually being a fighting game. There's nothing wrong with that, but they're just atrocious at character balancing. That being said, most characters are usable to decent success, so odds are you can play as a favorite.

I probably will be skipping this generation's Smash Bros. I bought my Wii for SSBB and I liked it a lot, but my Wii basically gathered dust for a good time after I finished having fun with it. If it wasn't for piracy it would probably still be gathering dust. It was unfortunately a console seller but it kept me out of the HD loop for years until I had enough money for a Xbox 360.

EDIT: To clarify, basically I won't be playing this version because I won't be buying the consoles.

Plus I'm enjoying the shit out of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and it seems to be my favorite fighter this generation (outside of Dissidia, but that's not really a fighter).

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i dont like that idea that means you'd need both the wii u and 3ds to play it properly...

7. Langin

Netherlands
    Nintendo does since they get more money.

Thats why.

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    yeah fuck that idea their trying to pull the same shit they did with WW!

9. Raikiri

Member Raikiri GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    well lets just hope you'll just have to buy the game once [​IMG]

10. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    Yeh, I hope I can stille play it like a normal Super Smash Bros. game.

11. iceissocold

Newcomer iceissocold Advanced Member

United States
    They don't want to increase the character roster? Uhh that just slightly killed the excitement for me.

12. Langin

Netherlands
    They will add some characters I can tell that. Don't worry about that, since I understand and he does not want to add 50 maybe 10 would be good enough. Really its hard to chose already the last thing they want at Nintendo is to make it hard for us. [​IMG]

13. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    They don't want to just increase the character roster. They want to do that and more.

If they make the 3DS version just single player I'll hate them forever.

14. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Never liked these games and never understood why there's such a big fuzz over it. I like Tekken a lot, but this just seems to be a tad too advanced and pro for my liking. I get the same feeling with Pokemon games. All the people playing online are way too serious and care about EV and IV or whatever, I don't give a fuck, I just want to train and battle, that's it.

15. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I just hope that the 3DS version doesn't get left out in terms of features and content compared to the Wii U version. That would majorly suck.

16. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    Just don't nerf Mr. G&W and I'll be happy

17. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Unless it's possible to "train" your character using only the Wii U version, odds are I won't be buying either version. Not sinking THAT much money into a series that underwhelmed me in its last game.

BTW, they already had the stat-boosting idea in Brawl, via stickers.

18. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Story mode should have parts of different sagas. Like fox riding his arwing, snake doing a MGS system style mission, etc

Multiplayer should be like a mini Smash Brawl including smash ball, featuring mario rpg characters, final fantasy characters (the most famous ones, like sephirot), etc.

19. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Exactly. I think the characters do need to be more balanced for exactly Satanagel's reason. I used to play SSBB for fun as one of my favourite games. But ever since one of my friends heard of it he's now overly obsessed. He takes things too seriously and as a result he kills me every time. Then say I pick Ganondorf he will go and pick someone fast such as Sonic. This is why they need to be balanced.

20. Zaiga

Member Zaiga GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't like the idea of leveling up characters. I'm extremely hesistant as to what is going to happen, Brawl was alright, but Melee was more my thing. I wish Sakurai would continue along the Melee path but I know he won't.